1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miami: James Harden Has Become a Superstar

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 7, 2013.

1. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Bravo to Harden to have improved so much from last year. He faced his nemeses and played like a man.

Lebron has matured a great deal as well and spoke the truth here. The same, or actually the reverse of this, can be said of Jeremy, who lost his freedom this year and his confidence. Lesson here for all is do not let others dictate and take away your freedom.

There is no shame in losing a game like this. But as I watched the final minutes ticking away while Harden playing hero ball and not trusting and passing to his teammates (particularly Lin who was also heating up in the 4th), I knew we would lose. My only thought then was, "Give him time. This is only his first year being the man. In time, he will learn to balance and know when he needs to trust his teammates, and who he can trust."

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Always somebody who needs to turn this into how Lin got screwed over.

By the way, Lin's 2 points from 2 free throws in the 4th quarter =/= heating up.

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Because i spoke with several Lakers fans and they all wouldn't do the trade. I actually said the same thing, and they all didn't want to hear any of it. I also asked em if they would consider trading Dwight right now for Asik, Parsons, Patterson, and Douglas.. they all laughed at the idea.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lin was heating up in the 4th qtr?

5. split41

split41 Member

The dude is a legit star and it's awesome that other great players recognise Harden is the real deal, but what else is there to say in this thread other than "cool" or "Harden is awesome."

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Hey guys, I don't know if you know... but he's only 23 years old.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are average, but James Harden is remarkable. I hope we can find another one like him soon.

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

9. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I haven't listened to him lately but he sure does have a plate full to eat...

10. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Looks like Morey got away with murder with this trade. That Toronto pick isn't looking to good now that they have Gay.

11. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

He's 23 years old and he doesn't drink?

12. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Lin was heating up? Damn, Lin coulda been the hero and won the game for us.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Harden saved this franchise.

14. Jedster

Jedster Member

Harden is a superstar, or will be.
    He's 23 only folks, lots of potential for even bigger superstardom!
    And he likes strip clubs apparently.

For those of you who live in the area and know where those clubs are, go on a non game day and bring your autograph books!

15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

You are correct he doesn't have the trophy... But he has the playoff experience and the heart...

T_Man

16. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

17. alethios

alethios Member

Yes, but he would not be putting up those numbers if he was with OKC. He benefits greatly from being the #1 option on this team and steps out of the large shadows cast by KD and Westbrook. Yes, they would want him back but at what cost to them and their payroll.

I stand by what I said - it was mutually beneficial. OKC hasn't shown any signs of weakening because of the Harden trade, which is what everyone thought would happen.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

They haven't shown any signs of weakening because KD and Westbrook are still developing and they got better this year, which is what people would expect.

It all comes down to playoffs I guess. People remember Harden for sucking in the finals, but he was the reason they were there in the first place.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

I said at the time of the trade that I thought they should've traded Westbrook instead of Harden. And so far nothing has changed my opinion. Especially since a lot of "rumors" have came out about many teams unwilling to give up a motherload for Harden. Which implies that his trade value was not what one would expect from a sure-fire future star.

If OKC traded Westbrook, they would've gotten a better package than the one Houston offered because Westbrook was a "proven" star. Perhaps something like for Batum and 6th pick(Lillard) in a trade to Portland.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm so glad that Presti finally screwed up. I agree he could've gotten something like you said for WB, and OKC would have been unstoppable with Lillard/Harden/Batum/Durant/Ibaka (Miami small ball style).