1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miami: James Harden Has Become a Superstar

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 7, 2013.

1. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

trade him for 10 1st round draft picks while his stock is high

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Are you kidding me... the actual Lakers GM would have a ****ing orgasm.

Not only do they get a young up and coming super star in James Harden, but this would also increase their chances of keeping Howard. So of course he would say yes to a deal like that, without a second a thought.

As for the rockets, why would we ever propose a trade like that?! No way you give up a young 23-yr-old super star for a guy whose already considering retirement.

3. amaru

amaru Member

link to the story?

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is truly unbelievable. The Rockets finally got that massive stroke of luck they needed to become a contender.

I don't see how Morey can fail to be be the GM of the year.

5. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

GM of the year is Kevin McHale's to lose.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

butbutbubtutb he doesn't make his team mate better derpityherp

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

But...Iso ball don't win you game!

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Don't think it's fair to call it luck in my opinion.

Morey's accumulating asset strategy has failed to acquire all the all-stars we previously went after, including Bosh, Melo, Howard, Williams etc, but he finally got a hit with Harden.

The biggest luck factor, in my opinion, is the fact that Harden turned out to be the best out of all the previous all-stars we went after (besides a healthy Howard) and also the youngest. For comparison's sake, Harden is only a year older than the Blazer's new franchise player, Damien Lillard.

9. platypus

platypus Member

I find it funny how this thread has only 3 pages. I would assume our superstar would get a little more recognition.

10. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I remember that story also. Lebron was reading Harden's stats out loud in the locker room and was amazed by it. But I don't remember where I read it or where I heard it..

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Morey really hit a grand slam with this one.

Rafer Alston, a second round pick and the 12th pick for a superstar.

Unbelievable. :eek:

12. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I just think Morey and the Rockets were incredibly lucky to snatch James Harden away from OKC. I would never imagine the Rockets acquiring James Harden. Plus, at the beginning to the off season, the Rockets main target were Dwight Howard. Either Howard, or the Rockets would try to move up in the draft to get Andre Drummond.

But I am so happy that both of that didn't work out and Harden all of a sudden, became available at the right moment. It was just a dominoes effect that happened. From David Stern cancelling the trade for Pau Gasol to Houston, to Howard not wanting to come to Houston and Orlando didn't want Houston's offer to Thomas Robinson dropping to the 5th spot in the draft. Also, I'm glad Harden and his agent didn't sign the extension in OKC and that Harden felt that he deserved the Max (while a lot of people don't think he's worth it) and he is totally worth that signing.

Can you imagine if Dallas or Phoenix ended up striking gold and traded for James Harden instead of Houston? The Rockets would still be searching for that star player while Harden is tearing up the league in a Dallas or Suns uniform. Some people may criticized the Rockets for giving up too many pieces for a sixth man or paying Harden the max deal but at the end, it's well worth it. Not only is James Harden filling in the star role nicely in Houston, but also I think he's making Houston into an attractive destination.

From the mediocre hard nose boring basketball of the years past to the fast pace, record breaking, high speed, entertaining basketball today, the Rockets are finally back on the map. Though they are no where near contenders yet, this young Rockets team have so much potential and they will only get better each and every day forward.

1 person likes this.
  13. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Sometimes it's still hard to believe that we actually have him. He's pretty humble also considering his status and all the praise he gets from the analysts, I'm just looking forward to the years to come with him, just the beginning.

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Its crazy because I don't think nobody knew Harden was this good. I also didn't know Harden was this good also. I think that if OKC knew Harden was this good, they would surely ask for more or find a way to resign him to the extension.

Harden has always been a special player. Everyone knew he had potential but they just didn't know how good he will be. I guess because in the Finals when he struggled, a lot of people kind of shrugged off his potential. At first, everyone was saying how OKC got the better end of the deal and that the Rockets gave up too much for a sixth man but that sixth man went on to become a superstar himself. There's no doubt Harden is the better player than Westbrook today. But before, I think OKC thought Harden wouldn't improve that much from his 3rd year...

But anyway, Morey strike gold on this one. I think Morey really got lucky that Howard didn't work out and that OKC was willing to trade Harden... Now that I think about it, Kevin Martin, Lamb, 2 first rounders and a 2nd round pick for a superstar in James Harden is a steal...

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

In the future, some dude will walk up to Murray's daughter and be like:

Dude: Say gurl, was your dad a thief?
    Daughter: You mean because he stole the stars and put it in my e---
    Dude: Because he stole Harden for role players.

16. alethios

alethios Member

This trade has actually worked out for both teams. OKC already has their bonafide superstar 1/2 punch and only really needed a solid role player like KMart, whereas, we were only ever going to stay mediocre with our glut of role players. Now, Moray, hook us up with the 2nd option :grin:

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

OKC compensated after trading Harden, but if you asked them today whether they would want Harden back, I'm pretty sure they would say yes any day of the week.

We are talking about a 23 year old guy who is capable of putting up 26/5/5 as the primary option on a playoff contending team in the West. The unanimous best SG prospect in the league.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was impressed with his defense on Lebron in winning time. Now we know for sure if he lets someone go by or he doesn't fight around a screen he's being lazy.

19. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Too bad he's 32.

OH WAIT IM DYSLEXIC HE'S ONLY 23!!

20. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet:

HE'S

ONLY

TWENTY-THREE

YEARS

OLD