1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Miami Herald] Some sensible trades can be worked out;Swift for Watson???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaowaming, Feb 5, 2006.

1. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I must be the only person that likes our team :(

2. tested911

tested911 Member

Um ... How is that we are able to take on 3 max players? Did Van Gundy bring that New York Spending to Houston also :)

3. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Where's that ridiculous trade suggestion form...

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

But stevie missed the plane b/c he was watchin the super bowl! hehe, jk. I love stevie, that would be interesting to say the least, even if it seems highly improbable.

5. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I actually think that Swift has picked up his game somewhat recently. He's attacking the basket pretty hard, especially against the Knicks. His rebounding and shot-blocking has been nice.

6. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Sure swift picked up his game recently, that's cause he couldnt get any worst!! I have a feeling after a few games, he'll disappear again. But for us to trade swift for watson, we really gotta have consistent solid pf performance from howard, baxter and hayes, if not, it aint worth it.
    I havent see watson enough to say he's a better pg than alston but i do know for sure alston's d's almost below avg, worst than mike james. I know alston's more of a pure pg cause he distribute and run the offense well, but as a starting pg, he also needs to score better than 10 pt a game and more importantly play better d.

7. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

how about rockets try to draft sun ming ming (7-8, 22 years old) if he's cleared of some tumor surgery? then yao could play forward? silly idea but anyone realized that there are more good pf than centers, especially in the west? he could be challenged more. yao also is a bad rebounder who's got a nice shooting touch. he can also take some pretty long jumpshots. he could be like nowitzki, except half a foot taller and slower. just rambling for fun.

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

'Nuff said.

9. Toast

Toast Member

The only thing this team really needs now is a pure outside shooter.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I still think we need a pf. We are supposed to be getting Barry back, so hopefully his shooting will help pick things up from outside.

I'd love to do a 1st rounder and Moochie for Wilcox. I hear he's on the block and he averaged 8points/4 rebounds last year in 18 minutes behind Brand. He's only 23.

I also like Reggie Evans.

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

man.. what a chinese homer. 99% of prospects from Asia wont make it in this league, that's just fact.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

pietrus is reportedly after a contract extension in the summer...

gsw: pietrus + TE (they've got a 5.3mill TE)
    hou: jho + no2 pick

then

gsw: jho
    cha: kareem rush + melvin ely + bernard robinson

bobcats are after a pf since emeka and may are out. warriors get that toughness in the frontcourt, a good backup to j-rich, and potentially a cheap rookie in the summer.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That would be a steal for us if we could pull that off. I could see more of a Stromile and Moochie deal for Pietrus and Murphy if we threw in our first rounder. Or Stromile and Moochie for Pietrus and Foyle provided they gave us a first rounder.

I think a good 3 way trade would be to send Stro to NJ and Mooch to GS, let NJ send Marc Jackson to GS along with a first rounder and/or Antoine Wright, and GS sending us Pietrus, plus a salary, preferrably Murphy.

GS should be interested in dumping Murphy's salary if they can get salary cap, young talent, and draft picks back. They need to go young and Pietrus' best position is at the 2, where JRich is locked in for the next 5 years or so. Pietrus is their ability to move salary.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'd rather go after J.R. Smith instead of Pietrus. Don't get me wrong, Pietrus is a good player that could help us especially on the defensive end, but Smith's ceiling is just so much higher. Smith could be the perfect 3rd weapon.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If J.R. can't get off the bench for Byron Scott on a below average team, no matter what his potential, why would he possibly get off the bench on a better team coached by Van Gundy?

He wouldn't see the light of day here until at the very least next year.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Well considering our best option at SG is currently 6'1", slow, old, unathletic David Wesley, it would be pretty stupid to not give him a chance to play. He would be playing at the same with two players that demand double-teams, something he never had the luxury of as a Hornet. With his ability to create his own shot, attack the basket and excellent outside shooting he would have the immediate potential to be a dangerous 3rd weapon.

Smith and Byron Scott obviously have their differences. The more he doesn't play him the lower his trade value gets (Sound familiar?--Swift). I've seen the guy play and my only knocks on his game are he's a lazy defender that tries to do too much. Fortunately, both of those areas can be improved upon and at 20-years-old, I would much rather roll the dice with a guy like Smith if the opportunity presents itself rather than sticking with our current 30+ year-old rotation of slow, injury prone and limited players.

17. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You do realize that Alston had five steals in Philly while holding Iverson to two points below his average night before last, right?