1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Miami Herald] Shaq-Marion Deal In Works (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsPimp, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Okafor on the trading block? Cant be...but heck how nice a dream would that be, Okafor next to Yao?

2. watashi315

watashi315 Member

3. spysta

spysta Member

Speaking of Okafor, why on earth are the bobcats not a playoff team?

They have the players that should get you there, and they are in THE EAST, freakin garbage new jersey is in the 8th spot in the east.

4. Omer

Omer Member

Wait...what the hell? Are you serious?

What is going on in the NBA with these lopsided trades?

5. bjshot

bjshot Member

Shaq may bring C to Suns.

6. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

What's with these people saying Nash can't play in a half court pace? I've seen this guy take guys one-on-one many times and penetrating through the defense with no problems. The guy can ball. Period.

Also Amare won't be all of sudden useless just because they're not playing fast paced. He'll still be good. Diaw will probably emerge again and he's been playing well lately.

Yes, they'll have to tweak their offense a bit but I don't think it will make them worse like some people they're going to be. IMO they just did this because of the Spurs, their #1 nemesis.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Wade and Marion will play well together, but Wade isn't Nash in the passing vision. Marion will actually have to work for his points for a change. We'll see just how much Nash meant to him when he plays in Miami.

8. spysta

spysta Member

Phoenix are always a good reg season team just like the mavs the only difference is that the mavs actually have a recent finals appearance, this move was needed run and gun ball does not cut it in the playoffs honestly, if they hadnt made this trade and the playoffs started today and it was a 1. Suns vs. 8. Warriors I would put my money on the warriors. But know we will see what shaq has left. (Which I think is enough to make a significant difference)

9. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

this is an atrocious trade for phoenix. really? like...really?

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

They have the best record in the West! Shaq isn't going to help them win anything and it actually makes their cap worse! I am stunned if this trade goes through. It's crazy.

11. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Well, this looks like a good trade for the Houston Rockets. However, I will not underestimate how much Steve Nash makes his teammates better. With that, I won't get too happy about it from a Rockets fans' perspective yet.

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

There has to be a money aspect here. I know Shaq's deal is a year longer, but I've been reading and hearing for at least 2 years now that the Suns would be in a quandary when Marion's contract is up because they can't afford to max out his deal again. Do any of you guys remember that? Isn't that a big reason whey they gave up on Joe Johnson (they also had signed Raja Bell to prep for that). And I'd also think like to think that they wouldn't do this deal unless Grant Hill plays well...and he has.

13. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

I'm sorry, no matter what way I look at this it just doesn't make sense.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

no, wade isn't nash when it comes to creating for others, but he's definitely top 5 in the league. I think marion is a better offensive player than people give him credit for, as he was productive with starbury leading phoenix as well. His fg percentage was lower, but everything else was about the same the two years marbury was in phoenix.

16. poprocks

poprocks Member

duplicate thread

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

not complete yet, shaq has to pass a physical

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This has to be one of the most bizarre trades in NBA history.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

And all of sudden he will be healthy again.

20. jasona88

jasona88 Member

link is not working