1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miami Heat : Vets seeking to sign, phones ringing off hook

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Octavianus, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm calling this RIGHT NOW!

Rocket River
    The Miami Heat, They have the Referee's MOST FAVORED TEAM title already

2. dragonz

dragonz Member

Dirk must be kicking himself at home right now.

Should have waited, Dirk, should have waited.

3. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Has anyone noticed how all this suits our match up with them? even if it is only 2 games a year. A bunch of old vets... when we have the quickest starting guards in the NBA. It will be interested for sure, hopefully its a case of the Payton, Malone, Kobe and Shaq Lakers where the ring chasers got not a thing!

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Payton got his with the Heat.....

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

Dude why don't they just sign all the best players in the NBA for bags of potato chips? :rolleyes:

This is getting abit ridiculous. Btw I like how so many of you guys were like "The NBA is rigged and BS etc" after the Gasol trade, and even more after the Lakers won a Championship, and now you have only praise for the Heat for pulling all these stars and HOF'mers in.

I'll be frank. I want this team to entertain, but NOT win- Since when were we supposed to cheer for Goliath?

o ya on a different note, FIFA was like a p*rn actress this year....it sucked.....hard

6. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Mavs offered Udonis Haslem a 3 year 20 mill contract. Haslem on a stack team is a championship piece like he did in 06. If the Heats gets both Fisher and Haslem then its game over for the league. Good for Cuban even though he's overpaying.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Do you think DWade was officiated fairly in the 2006 finals? I don't and I am a Wade fan. This will be an exciting team and I love the fact these guys are getting together, but don't take away from the fact that the NBA is becoming the WWF and star players get CRAZY calls.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

This franchise needs a new name:

The Miami Whores

The Miami Nuthuggers

The Miami Coattail-Riders

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'll wait and see who actually sign.

I doubt that good role players in their prime would sign for minimum. Why would they, even if they REALLY want to win a championship. Role players will be traded away any time. There is no guarantee that they would stick with the team after the trade deadline. They would get nothing for giving up tons of money at their prime. Their agents would advice against that kind of stupidity.

So I predict they mostly would get over the hill veteran on their last leg, hoping to win a ring before they are done.

10. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

ugh. i have a feeling that im going to hate the nba for the next few seasons.

11. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

What happen if all these players sign the vet minimum but they'll get more under the table. Would stern investigate? How does this work because I can see it happen. Money makes the world go round and everything is corrupt by it. Wouldn't be surprise if fisher signed for 1 mill a yr and a bonus of 3 under the table. That way he get his fame and fortune.

12. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

The Carpetbaggers

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I can see this happening.
    Will be some bitter bitter folx if they sign for 'cap friendly' contracts
    to be champions . . then find them selves traded [mid season]
    to Cleveland to get
    picks back or to denver for Melo .. or something
    and end up watching the championship parade from home

Rocket River