1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miami Heat GM Pat Riley Talks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Octavianus, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Here are some key messages, some very good points, which most of the smarter posters would agree with.

Did you look online this morning? There was yet another headline about Erik Spoelstra’s job security.

“Write it off. Write it off. It’s the media being neurotic. It’s their need to make a story, create a story, and make that story come true. And that ain’t going to happen. Write it off. We’re just in a tough time right now, we’ll get through it"

It’s not so much a tough time as it is remembering to play basketball in the last minute of these close games, instead of that iso garbage you keep resorting to? Anyone can defend that.

“I know they’ll get it. But everyone has to overreact to things right now. We’re going through some tough times and we will get through it. It’s like anything else, like I always say, the playoffs will tell. Everything else now is just rhetoric. And we’re getting ready for that time. And I don’t really care what position we play from.”

He’s done some quick work with this place, eh? They may be one functional, defensive big away from taking a major step.

“But in the meantime, you do what you can do. It’s like us — we need a big, and we’ll get it. We won’t get it this year, but we’ll get it. But this is a good (Knicks) team. Donnie has done a really good job.”

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/20...ries_to_avoid_talking_about_teams_issues.html

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

2 people like this.
  3. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

But keep the Heat basing to multiple posts?
    Do me a favour, and put me on ignore.
    Thank you.

4. Landry92

Landry92 Member

This thread should be closed because of the overwhelming modesty of Ronny

5. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Haha, kid, you really think you can use the law of averages to reverse public opinion? People have a predisposed vendetta against the Heat, and you posting irrelevant quotes in an attempt to be the Romeo to your team's Juliet is only going to open them, and you, up to more fire.

What war are you looking to win here?

Sit back, relax, and let them shut everyone up by winning titles.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's kind of funny. I pretty much forgot the existence of superfriends until the recent meltdowns. So really, Riley should be thanking the media for reminding bored NBA fans that although Miami's just your run-of-the-mill "contender" in terms of record, they still are the funniest circus in the NBA.

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

And the fake Rocket fan comes out again.

I swear you wouldn't get so much heat from this board if you didn't say you were a fan of the Rockets since Olajuwon.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh! I see what you did there.

But yes, about 95% of his posts relate to the Miami Hate or Lebwrong. I have speculated he is on staff.

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Haha, nice joke! Really made me laugh. :grin:

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I would say he was the Mental Note Taker, but then most likely the notes would be indecipherable.