1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mgmt Discussed a System Change - More Ball Movement/Less Iso

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tc0330, Jun 18, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets moving "heaven & earth" for more ball movement, less iso. :D

How_Sweep_It_Is likes this.
  2. Stepping Razor

Lol

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Austin Rivers : “ James is doing exactly what the coach and organization are asking him to do...”

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Still believe our drop in efficiency has way more to do with our opponents than our strategy. Especially the last couple years.

And I’m not here to say I don’t want a little diversity in the offense.

HP3 likes this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

30 year old player that's been coddled his entire life to now be told to run faster, pass more, and move off the ball? Yeah good luck with that ****.

#45 cheke64, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Little Bit, Mr. Clutch, JW86 and 3 others like this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I’m less focused on the the reason and more on the response.

We will have to play good defensive teams in the playoffs. Almost every time you make a WCF or Finals the opponent will be a great defensive team.

ak99999 and tc0330 like this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Can you take me to that club in Miami with you?

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stupid Chris, Eric & Austin. They need to just shut up and watch!

https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-rumors-houston-discussing-system-involves-less-isolation-more-ball-movement-faster-pace/

The report cited Paul’s frustration with the offense and a push for more ball movement and off-ball actions, a la Golden State. But Paul isn’t the only one. Several members of the team expressed similar opinions throughout the year and into the offseason, including Eric Gordon’s frustration after a blowout loss in Utah, and continuing with Austin Rivers’ appearance recently on First Take.

Per team sources, those complaints have been heard and management has discussed a system that involves less isolation basketball and more ball movement heading into next season. Speeding the game up and looking for easier baskets was also brought up in conversations, per a team source.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay I get that but how do you explain Toronto the team who played the Bucks(top defense) and an injured GS. And posting worse and slightly better offensive ratings respectively than us when we faced the Jazz(second in defensive efficiency) and the Warriors. For all this talk about how Toronto played they didnt do as well as us offensively against defensive powerhouses.

#49 HP3, Jun 18, 2019
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

James 'Shut Up and Watch me' Harden.

11. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

As much as we love James, its important to understand that we will never have team success if the other guys cant find a rhythm offensively and that will never happen playing isolation basketball.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

What I have been calling for a long time. It is basic basketball. Doubt that Harden will buy in.

tycoonchip likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

I just dont like the way people go about it here. They see oh, they need to change some things, diversify the offense and they go "See James, this is why you never won, why you couldnt do it" and they go "this is on you James, all your fault" like such trash takes. They sound exactly like the talking heads on ESPN they hate so much.

Like no we dont need more mid range shooters LOL.

don grahamleone, pr0wler and biff17 like this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It will be great, Harden has been incredible at anything any coach has ever asked him to do. OKC, USA, Houston, doesn't matter. On those teams he's been a leading passer, a leading scorer. He improved his defense tremendously. He did it with multiple coaches, even Scotty Brooks.

Awesome that they are considering this. Sad for the fans that think the plan is for Harden to be Steph Curry. Harden is going to be Kevin Durant - i.e. his ISO will be a primary option, and the ball movement will be used when he is off the floor or the defense is too keyed in on him.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

This fanbase is so whiny and entitled.

Edit: I dont even know why i quoted you with that haha. Im just ranting today lol.

#55 HP3, Jun 18, 2019
    Mathloom likes this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Hopefully our response is don’t change too much on offense and work on getting more defense and rebounding.

HP3 likes this.
  17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this should be pinned at the top of the forum.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't really have enough experience with other fanbases to compare. But it will interesting to see what the fans you speak of think of Gordon and Paul trying to do what two MAX players in Steph Curry and Klay Thompson do for Durant - and without a high post passer to help.

I'm sure it would help us. I'm sure MDA will coach the F out of it. I'm sure Harden will ace it at an MVP level. I just don't think it is most of what's wrong with this team. I think most of what's wrong with this team is we just need some more talent. This change will take us to Bucks level. But like the Bucks, we're not going anywhere without another addition who can create points against nba all defensive team calibre players.

I do find it funny that someone called Harden an MVP chaser. How ****ing funny is that? I've never heard that in my entire life. A player who chases the MVP award WHILE regularly a top 2-3 playoff team.... is not trying to win? That's really amazing. I think they don't remember the days the idea of having an MVP on our team again was a pipe dream.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or carrying our GLeague squad out of last place in the Western Conference all the way up to 2nd. :rolleyes:

I swear you newage trolls are farrrrrrr toooooooooo EZ....

Denovo and HP3 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Every season there will be new problems, I guess it will be the same for the upcoming season.

I recommend to chill while new problems arise. Maybe the weary transition to a more ball movement oriented system, maybe new beef.

Harden will carry the team on his back the best he can, sure.

I am less inclined to believe Morey and Tilman's words.

Mathloom likes this.