1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meyers Leonard...the perfect center?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

I actually like him better than Zeller. He is a very good passer for a guy his size. Sort of reminds me of a Brad Miller.

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well Marcus Morris was an "I told you so" moment partially because people didnt expect another PF. Let alone a guy trying to convert to SF and lose weight. Everyone thought about Kawhi Leonard or a few other guys at that spot. So far Morey put Morris in the D league. Morris has not recovered since then. So if Leonard ends up that bad? I think people would not be happy but most people at least have him on their radar and want him this time. Just like I have Austin Rivers on my radar too. If Morey picks that guy and it fails? Oh well. Its one of the best and most sensible picks at 14 or 16. Its not like we can expect too much out of the 14th spot every year. Even with supposed good picks that can turn bad down there.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I believe if Leonard isn't taken at 11th or 12th, he will be available at 14th.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

By the way. Nobody is perfect so stop jinxing players with your posts on clutchfans all the time. Its our hope if we draft him that he turns out real good. He is not perfect though. Thats the type of ridiculous statement made by CF members that always come back to haunt us. Lets stay away from the perfection claims.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, Morris was doing well before the D-League stint and became terrible thereafter and cannot recover?

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Leonard looked like he did some work in the weight room from what I saw of the combine in relation to some of his older photos. He looked like he has put on significant muscle with the build to bulk up more. That seems to speak well for his work ethic.

7. 713

713 Member

BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST BUST

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

He is terrible now. He can recover. He showed some signs in preseason he could play. We went with Parsons instead. Morris has not recovered no. Like Hibbert said. He did not want to come here because of the D league talk. Some guys dont like it and Morris might be one of those guys.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

way to go out on a limb there

10. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

The more glowing his combine results, the more skeptical and critical I am of his game.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I'm skeptical too.

12. Play07

Play07 Member

Coming off not so good year, before 50/40/90 what's market like for him? I would take him over DMO

13. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

A box of 1 ply tissue paper

14. JD88

JD88 Member

45% from the floor for a center? Noiceeee.

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Useless inside the three point line. Total stiff on D. Mentally weak player who allows mistakes to snowball.

Passing and shooting ability at his size is rare, but I'm gonna take a hard pass.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

WTF? why do people do this crap? :rolleyes:

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

give him the max!

18. malakas

malakas Member

well it was interesting to read how ppl thought that Fab Melo was going to be great and Drummond bust.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sounds like he would seamlessly transition on to the 2016 Rockets.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rebounding is weak, but he is a stretch 5, you can win like that if you have a low post 4, like Okur and Boozer were.

DD