1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Met Trevor Ariza Today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JDMDC2, Oct 31, 2009.

1. JDMDC2

JDMDC2 Member

Told you can't have hesitation when your playing ball just shoot.

2. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Did u swap shoes with ariza there, coz ariza wearing socks with sandals?
    lol, kidding mate, thanks for sharing. Very cool.

3. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Haha. Kudos. :D

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Unfortunately not. I have watched films and lately the film 'Blind pigs that want to fly'
    or 'Babi Buta Yang Ingin Terbang' by Edwin who's actually of Chinese descent. :)
    BTW I really like the idea that we have Rocket fans from Indonesia.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You cannot get it all. Most of them are slender.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Trev is not the most photogenic person. He looks weird sometimes facing a camera.

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

A wing/slasher don't need no more weight and muscles. Ariza's length and speed is what sets him apart and gives people fits on the defensive end.

8. HombreDeHierro

he needs a bit more STRENGTH maybe...

he gets rattled a lot when taking it to the cup, but tonight was certainly an improvement.

9. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

nice share! hilarious especially when that guy pointed out about Ariza's willy pointing towards his girlfriend LOL

10. wombat

wombat Member

wow, man, you are the tallest vietnamese i've ever seen. :)

11. bloop

bloop Member

Asian people are not taller in the US than in Asia. That might have been the case when Asian nations were not developed and people didn't have enough to eat but they eat better and have superior health care in Japan and Korea than we do in the US. Same thing for Caucasians, Northern Europeans are taller than their ethnic counterparts in the US.

Like someone else was saying, "Asian" doesn't really exist as a monolithic group, China comprises about half of East Asia but China by itself has as many languages and ethnic groups as all of Europe or all of Africa. Northern Chinese, Central Asians, Koreans etc are similar in height to American Caucasians. Supposedly Southern Chinese, Viets etc are a few inches shorter on average. A lot of Pinoys have some mixed race so that's yet another group.

Americans think Asians are short because prior to immigration reforms in the 1960s, Asians were almost exclusively from either Guangdong (Southern Chinese) to work on railroads or Japan to work on farms.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

*Clyde Drexler laugh*

I'll give you the 'eat better' part hands down though. The Japanese eat like consummate professionals while Americans eat like a dark horse.

13. JDMDC2

JDMDC2 Member

14. evan134

evan134 Member

I didn't get a chance to read all the posts but I hope someone has called out Ariza for wearing socks with sandals......he has been ballin hard for us but cmon man....socks with sandals? leave that back in L.A.

15. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

How odd.. I met Trevor Ariza (didn't want to make a thread about it because you guys would flame me if I didn't have pictures :rolleyes: ) at First Colony Mall on Friday night around 6:30. He was wearing the same outfit too.. Awkward.. haha

16. VanityHalfBlack

JDMDC2- nice kicks I got a pair of those nike dunks the spiderman edition... You dress as if you're going to an indie movie festival... Do you listen to chemical romance??

17. VanityHalfBlack

A hoodie and a tshirt is that common for young males? I'm use to wearing a button collared shirt and a pair of dockers slacks with a pair of church shoes...

18. FranchiseReDeux

truth

19. FranchiseReDeux

that's a houston thing too.

to quote mista madd from his song 'down south': "white nike socks with them
    black nike sandals"

check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaqgDsMimQY

ah, good memories.

20. sefril

sefril Member

hmm.. I never watch that movie.. that's an independent movie that have a little advertising.. from what i've heard, that movie tells about the discrimination of chinese descent in Indonesia.. there is a lot of chinese descent people here in Indonesia.. i don't really know about the discrimination though, but i have many chinese descent friend and they are nice people.. :)