1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Message to the Fakers and their fans............You're still soft.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FR0497, May 7, 2009.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the people telling the Laker fan to go away and leave baffle me. Why? He's being respectful. He obviously has a different opinion, but he isn't instigating anything. He isn't taunting. He isn't trash talking. He's simply giving a different opinion, and even showing evidence that he feels supports his side of things. He's showing that even if you disagree there is some rationale behind his opinion.

2. dero72

dero72 Member

The Lakers dont REALLY want none.
    I mean...straight up, seriously.

They wanna go there with Ron? Scola? Chuck Hayes?

Naahhh...
    they dont REALLY want none.

Id really like to see that little pretty Sacha boy get a taste...just one time.

3. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

1) on the "look at everything going on before the play, artest hit him/elbowed him/pushed him/leaned on him first" thing:

- just because ron's elbow is close to kobe's head, or his arm is on kobe's back, or the picture shows ron's hand on kobe's head - NONE of that means that there was any violent action. all it means is that that part of ron's body was near whatever part of kobe's body. e.g. i could make a fist and hold it against someone's face, and this is NOT the same as me winding up and hitting them with a fist to the face. rebounding is all about crawling around, pushing, around, rooting and unrooting people to position yourself for a ball. if you watch what ron is doing, he is rooting kobe up because he is physically stronger, and moving kobe. this happens on literally every highly contested rebound. kobe's wind up of an elbow and delivery of that elbow was not, in any way, related to getting that rebound.

2) on the "if we draw arrows on the pictures, it proves where the elbow went" thing:

- no matter how many arrows or smiley faces you draw on that picture, it doesn't change the fact that the video evidence is disputable at the very least, and that Ron himself (who is a very physical player) took extreme exception to whatever kobe did. If you think Ron isnt used to getting hit and pushed and tested over the course of a game, then you are wrong. It's the way he plays. Why on earth would he choose to make this up? If it were a normal kinda hit, he would not have reacted that way, as we have seen over the course of the season, with all of the physical play he has been involved in. so no, your green arrows do not convince me, because while that evidence is disputable, Ron's description of the events and Kobe's dodging of the question paints a much clearer picture than MSpaint happy time in LA ever could.

4. TexAg

TexAg Member

That picture you posted was not when the elbow throwing happened! They were both bent down when he threw it not standing straight up jackass! How are you gonna post something like that and know its not even right. I give you the official **** of the year award for your snake move!

5. TexAg

TexAg Member

6. conquistador#11

Just because your buff don't play tough, scola will reverse the earth and change your flesh back to dust.

Sascha acting all tough, the same sascha that got punked by rafer.

7. KareemOlajuwon

Can you leave the board? You're not convincing anyone and we don't want you in here.

You can't justify everything your beloved Kobe does.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He's spamming the board with the same useless link. There isn't really any rationale behind his opinion when you look at the video. At best, he is being civil and complete wrong at the same time.

No need to ban him yet but he should get a clue and go away on his own.

9. KareemOlajuwon

This is a Rockets fan site. Which is meant for Rockets fans to communicate.

Rockets fans.

10. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

cmon now. his responses have been rational. he is not being a troll.

just like a rockets fan will never be truly objective in these kinds of situations, we shouldn't expect to hear from a Lakers fan without the same kind of bias.

I, personally, always enjoy hearing the perspective of fans from the other team, as long as their opinions are presented in a respectful and intelligent way. So if i get a vote, i think he should feel free to stick around and participate in the conversation, regardless of what happens in the series.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

you guys know there are Rockets fans out there starting threads on Laker forums, taunting the opposing fans and trolling the boards, right?

this Ld2k is similar to a Clutch, or even a 1560 employee who posts here.

If Clutch or the No Layups guys went to a Lakers forum, I am confident they would represent Rockets fans in a positive light with objective commentary.

that's all this Laker fan is doing here.

showtimeredux=troll

LD2k= fairly objective rookie who is connected to the LA media market.

Rockets fans should not speak for everyone when they tell someone to leave the board...

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Yeah, LD2K has been posting that same link in lots of threads, but has been very civil in his discussion. As for the laker fans getting negative repped, only Clutch or admins can post negative ratings. So us peons have nothing to do with that.

13. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Agree. He even agreed to Fisher being suspended, though it's pretty hard to argue otherwise anyway.

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

It would have been freaking BADASS if DEKE was playing in this series! Deke would pop Kobe so hard in the mouth he would be stuck with a whole new type of throat infection... DEKES-ELBOWITIS!

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I agree. I don't care if LD2k is connected to the media or just an average fan, rational basketball talk is fine by me.

They're going to be biased (as are we), and they'll only come around when they win (they weren't here after game 1...I wonder why? ;) ), but it's also interesting to get their perspective.

16. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

You mean the rapist image? Kobe is a dirty player period. Problem is he get away with it most of the time. Unlike other player do it in obvious way he is one coward, calculated sadistic b*stard. If ppl want something more blatant look up the vid of him took out Mike Miller.

17. FR0497

FR0497 Member

A lot of people on the Fakers' forum are talking about how much they enjoyed watching Artest lose his cool and get ejected but I think it was a good thing he reacted that way. He forced the league to look into that play more and I would think they would watch Kobe and his elbows a lot more from here on out considering this is his second incident in as many games against us.

18. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

I don't know if you've been watching but the Lakers are b****. When they get played physical they don't know what to do. They think they should win on the basis they have offensive talent and the hype of the Media.

Fisher is a punk and did that on purpose. Kobe threw an elbow with the intent to hit Ron in the neck you can purely see that. Kobe's known for cheap shots(like Jordan my ass, his game spoke for itself) and has almost got his ass kicked for it several times.

They thought we were going to lay down, but that's not the case. Look at Phils' Face he know his team is in trouble. Working up the Rockets was the wrong thing to do.

If this was the old days Kobe and Fisher would have got their asses whooped no questions.

Did you even watch the game. Are you a true fan!.

Oh on another note Fisher has been mad ever since Brooks clowned him in during the season. Yao had to push him out of the huddle.

The Lakers will not intimidate us! :mad:

19. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

i agree

20. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

I've even talked to Lakers fans on Espn that said. The Lakers were taking cheap shots and that it was tacky.

This ain't Streetball and if it was the Lakers definetely wouldn't Stand a chance.

Lakers Are soffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. And about as tough as wet toilet paper!

Rockets are pissed and feel didsrespected. We all know what this team does when we feel we have something to prove and have been disrespected.