1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Merry Ramadan - A great month lies ahead of us

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Honey Bear, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Today, July 19, marks the beginning of Ramadan. It means it's a month of fasting, prayer, self denial and reflection for Muslims.

More importantly, and as a result, it's the safest time of the year to fly. So rise up baby, rise up from the darkness and take advantage of all the things you wanted to do but couldn't because you were trapped in a monotonous cycle of rat race ****. View beauty as God intended it and venture to the major and obscure cities of Europe. I highly recommend Eastern and Mediterranean Europe during this time of year but there are other viable options like Floripa (Brasil) and Kashmir. Too cold to get enough out of Australia and South Africa. Vancouver and Montreal are nice but you need to spread those wings and get off the continent since you have a safety guaranteed pass on all flights. Travel without a concrete plan and spend abundantly, in this global climate, safety is a luxury and for the next month... you have it.

Whatever you do, just make sure it's not a conducted tour or a cruise. Live your life with some dignity.

Fly, my brothas. Fly.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KiGH8IJIILk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  2. Honey Bear

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qJb-k6Usm9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VcO0aJhS52E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What's wrong with cruises?

4. Honey Bear

Travelling should be an empathic experience of placing yourself in the shoes of the locals and seeing how they live their day to day life. That entails getting a feel of the land on foot, breathing the air, getting lost in the infrastructure, identifying the culture, dancing and tasting the sweat of the local girls. It should have a certain degree of authencity.

Cruises, on the contrary, go against all of this. You're on a boat with your fellow countrymen, decked out in jorts and tropical shirts, sipping Mai Tai's, taking dips on the onboard pool alongside 300 pound human walruses, spending your free time loitering around the buffet, stopping at locations for a quick touristy run through foregoing the authencity of it all, then rushing back onboard and doing it again. It's like taking your fiancee to a drive through for an engagement dinner. Just go to a proper restaurant and have a 5 course meal.

1 person likes this.
  5. magman

magman Member

This will be the first time for me to experience Ramadan in a Muslim culture, I think I might fast as well.

I have been invited by many friends to break fast with them, I'm eager to learn more about Ramadan.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yes bc im so scurred to fly in the other 11 months. Someone hold me.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

8. sammy

Cleverly disguised anti-Moozlem thread. Who would think that could happen on this board? :confused:

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Good and bad deeds are exponentially multiplied in Ramandan.

With that in mind, have a safe flight!

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Actually, it was neither clever nor disguised.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. sammy

Touche.

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Salam to my Muslim Brothers, ISGH (Islamic Society of Greater Houston) shows Ramadan starting tomorrow 7/20/12. Ramadan Kareem to everyone! This will be the longest Ramadan for me to experience.

For those who are interested/curious in the scheduling of Ramadan, please find this link with prayer times. Fajr is the first prayer done in the morning (also notes the time one stops eating, and Maghrib being the second to last prayer (also notes the time one can break his fast)

http://www.isgh.org/Ramadan-Schedule-2012.pdf

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Suicide - the ultimate fast

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

my feelings exactly.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope the Olympics will be safe.

1 person likes this.
  17. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Damn, Ronny. You usually are one of my favorite posters. But this....bad form, lol.

18. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

lol

What a random thread.

19. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

trying to decide who is smarter this ronny or ronny from jersey shore. jersey shore ronny is winning and fist pumping...while this ronny likes getting fist pumped..

20. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

your "authencity" lacks authenticity. i agree with all of your traveling experiences, but one. how you made this into a d&d topic... i dunno. :confused: