1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mercury News]Suns' Amare Stoudemire proves doubters wrong

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Yaowaming, Feb 19, 2005.

1. pickymen

pickymen Contributing Member

Ya, what an unfortunate coincidence ...

2. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

judged by his performance last night, Amare is no where close to Yao. Nash made him, that's it. Once you put a good defender on him and ask him to get to work on his own, he sucks.

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I did find it funny that everyone on the East seemed determined to actually D up on Amare. No one wanted to see him throw down some dunks, do some pushups, and beat on his chest I guess.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I noticed that too. That's probably because of his pompous attitude. I don think a lot of players like Amare. He comes out looking like someone eho craves attention.

5. jlwee

jlwee Member

Sorry to all those yao fans...
    Even if yao won few rings with the rockets, the media will give all the credits to t-mac . Whereas if amare won a ring, he will be hyped by the media as one of the greatest player in the history. Like it or not, 90% of the journalist and analysts 'hate' yao (for whatever resaons, i dont know), so no matter how yao's doing, he is in lose lose situation.
    I hate amare mainly because of his cockiness but i do admire his determination and aggressiveness. Yao, on the other hand, we all know he works hard and wanna be a winner, but too many times when i watched the games, it seems like he dont care comparing to games he played for CNT... maybe is just me who think liek that....:(

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^Not neccessarily true. In the end, it's how Yao and TMac performs in the Finals that sets their place in history.

5 more years and no one will remember what Karla and Stockton did.

7. mulletman

mulletman Member

werent the rockets trying to trade up to get amare? or was it wilcox that they were trying to get? i remember reading about the rockets trying to trade up for one of them (#15 pick + more)...

8. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Did anyone saw when Amare got that offensive foul, AI went over tried to pad him on the back, and Amare just pushed him off?

9. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Not true. If Yao & TMac wins a couple of titles for the Rockets, Yao is a sure bet HOF even if 99.9% of journalists or analylists hate him or are jealous of his popularity.

All it matters is Yao's play and the rings he win.;)

10. PhiSlammaJamma

He needs a goto move, otherwise Pheonix has to rely on raw talent to win championship. Maybe the first team ever that had no real goto move and won it all. Even detroit bad boys had Edwards in the post they could rely on. Gonna be interesting to see if he develops something.

11. 12345

12345 Member

He already has one: the dunk. :D

12. Ownage

Ownage Member

03-04 PHO 55 53 36.8 .475 .200 .713 2.90 6.20 9.00 1.4 1.16 1.62 3.22 3.40 20.6

20.6 points pergame without Nash
    Yeah he really sucks without Nash :rolleyes:

13. hangxy

hangxy Member

Because Yao is chinese instead of a black brother.

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

In this case race doesn't mean jack-squat. Hello, most journalists are old white fogeys. Even if they are racist, they wouldn't be downplaying an Asian guy in favor of a "black brother".