1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mentally ill girl hanged from Crane at age 16 by Iran's "Morality Police"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 16, 2006.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

In another thread, he asked if there was something in the Quran about "forgiving", so I provided him with this one verse (and there are many more) from the Quran, which I see he's using as a sig.

BTW, I am an Illuminati...

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i told you not to mention that to anyone in our secret meeting in Kentucky last weekend. nice going.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

wnes, my post wasn't entirely directed at you, but also an expression of exasperation at our history being brought up in a goofy historical argument (IMO) between you, Hayes, and whoever else may have done the same here. (I've been out) This has happened before, where US history, rife with injustices, to be sure, some of which I'm old enough to have witnessed myself (against Blacks... whites-only restrooms, riding in the back of the bus), and some which still goes on with regards to women and equal rights, both under the law, and in practice.

It doesn't have relevance, IMO, to what is happening today in Iran. When it is brought up in this kind of thread it inevitably ends up going off on a tangent that has nothing to do with realities in, in this case, Iran. We could go round and round about injustices all over the world. If someone wants to start a thread about historical injustices at home and abroad, and their relationship to injustices occurring everyday in the world, it would be appropriate.

Hope that explains where I was coming from.

Keep D&D Civil.

4. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Damn, hayes started it! :mad:

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Well, that was some bad chicken, man, can we just meet at Popeye's next time around?

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

LOL! :D

Keep D&D Civil.

7. Fatty FatBastard

You, sir, are a liar, or completely oblivious to what you write.

You had the third post in the thread comparing what they did to Christianity. That riled up a few feathers, but most kept it civil.

Undaunted, and wanting to needle anybody else, you waited for Hayes' post to losttexan and ran with that.

Your reply:

It obviously started with you, my friend.

Now go rattle someone else's chain.

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

No you are wrong, fatty.

In the first instance, which was between me and Dakota, the exchange was about Christianity and Islam in general. U.S. isn't the only country in the world that has Christianity as its main religion. Further, I didn't make any specific reference to US' past history. In the second debate between hayes and myself, the topic was mainly focused on the commonality in the two cases where morality enforcement on lower class citizens was brought by the upper class through barbaric injustices. Christianity was hardly mentioned, if at all. Deckard's complaint was directed at the latter.

Talk about swing and miss, brah.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'd prefer it. yes. ;)

10. Fatty FatBastard

Ahem:Originally Posted by wnes

Lynching black men for having consensual sex with white women was commonplace in the south.

Are you arguing that because you didn't give an exact date, then this wasn't talking about the U.S.?

Wow. You really do have the blinders on.

11. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Yeah I was indeed talking about the U.S., if I didn't make it clearer in my previous post. But this was the second instance I was referring to, which was also what Deckard's focus. When hayes and I debate, we rarely discuss religion in specific.

C'mon fatty, the statement you hightlighted in my post -- "Further, I didn't make any specific reference to US' past history" -- ended before the start of the 2nd instance. I don't see any self-contradiction.

#171 wnes, Aug 17, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  12. Fatty FatBastard

Once again, you're driving with blinders.

Here are your two posts to Deckard:

And, as I quoted you above, the above argument was started by you.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Damn... I feel like I'm having an argument with myself!

;)

Keep D&D Civil.

14. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

LOL ... fatty, again you are chasing windmill.

Hayes, in his rebuttal to losttexan, solicited an answer to his implicit question: "Name one. Or more to the point, name one we've executed for having sex with an unmarried man."

I provided an answer, which hayes didn't like. And then we went on from that point.

15. Fatty FatBastard

I'll let others be the judge. Methinks you got caught. Besides, you start arguments all the time, rational or irrational.

16. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Look fatty, the "liar" accusation you directed at me is unfounded slander. You have run out of "evidences" and are running away from your argument.

"All the time" is a very subjective term. Since you lost the grip on meaning of "start" in this latest exchange, I wouldn't comment on it further.

17. Fatty FatBastard

Who do you think I am? I suggest you stop with the idiotic comments.

I proved it was you who lied. I proved it. It was you who backed away from it. I decided it wasn't worth playing r****ded word games with you.

It is a fact that you started the comments based on comparing the attrocities in Iran with Christianity.

It is a fact that you started comments based on comparing the attrocities in Iran with U.S. attrocities years ago.

Both were laughably bad analogies, and everyone called you on it. Even Deckard.

You're becoming downright certifiable. Walk away before you make a complete fool of yourself, if that hasn't already happened.

I've had enough of you. You're not worth my time. If you still don't get it, look at all of your quotes. Better still, ask the guys here if you're a liar. It was proven, after all.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Fatty - 1
    Wnes - 0

19. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

If you're not a moron then I don't know what is. Go back to re-read Deckard's post to see if it had anything to do Christianity and Islam comparison. My response to his post was directly related to his griping about the U.S.-Iran comparison on treatment of women and then some, but between Deckard, hayes, and I, none touched anything about Christianity and Islam in specific.

You were not only ignorant and stupid by irrelevantly citing my posts in the beginning of this thread as "evidences" of starting arguments with hayes on an entirely different subject, but also keeping acting like a complete ass when I patiently corrected your falsities one by one.

Feel uncomfortable about me talking about your shaky practice with Christianity, huh? Behave yourself first, and prove to me you are a worthy example of a noble religion, which you have been making mockery of both in your personal life in the real world and your crass posts on cf.net.

#179 wnes, Aug 17, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  20. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

Johnny Paul Penry would be disgusted.