1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Men get the short end of the stick on X-Mas, right?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SleepyRodriguez, Dec 25, 2014.

1. SleepyRodriguez

Women and children always are accommodated for this holiday. I get a razor or a pack of undershirts and I should appreciate it but god forbid I get my nephew or S.O. something that wasn't meaningful because everyone loses their freaking mind! Men always get crappy gifts and if we complain we are experiencing menstrual symptoms or something close to insanity .

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

only if you have a short stick, breh

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Buy what you want for yourself when you're shopping for others. Simple.

4. SleepyRodriguez

What does penis size have to do with my statement? What did your S.O. get you for Xmas and what did she get you? Lets sompare **** size breh? Breh is such a stupid word by the way.

5. heypartner

breh is not a word, breh. it's a phonetic spelling that i'll use when necessary.

so now we've confirmed you have a short stick.

do you even lift?

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You sound like you need to share something with us

1 person likes this.
  7. SleepyRodriguez

Guys who twisted this into penis size want penis. Heypartner is a historically accurate candidate.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lololol this post is full of win.

9. heypartner

first page

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I got her a 40" Samsung led and a mid level ninja blender. She got me Seinfeld monopoly and Hakeem Olajuwon socks. She spent way less and still beat me.

11. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

You only lose because you set it up that way. I get what I want because I just use Christmas to buy what I want for a change. You are the man, don't just sit back and hope people get you something you want.

For this Christmas I joined a jiu jitsu gym, since I already have everything I want.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Cheer up, breh. Christmas is more than just gifts. It's about family and fooling children into thinking that an imaginary, overweight old man with midget elves exist... which isn't creepy at all.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I used to be very anti gift cards, but now I absolutely love them. Specifically speaking, Amazon cards.
    I used to be one of those, "oh I dont care what you get me" type until others started doing it back to me. Come fall, I start loading up my amazon wish list with stuff I want or need instead of buying it immediately. Naturally, I still get stonewalled from everyone else, so I just sling them gift cards.

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Christmas is supposed to be about 'me', what about me? :mad:

Hey stoop, Christmas is about "giving" What you are supposed to "get" is joy, from giving, making other people smile.
    I'm not religious at all but I understand the sentiment, hedonistic consumerism is a dead end for the self, you're never satisfied, it's the intangibles that really fill up your ego.

#14 Dubious, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

I got everything I wanted for Christmas soooooooo........

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I got my nephew inexpensive but cool gifts. $15 ninja turtles extra large action figures. Got my s.o. A make up set. I don't put a ton of stock on Xmas. If I see something I like for some1 throughout the year I just get it for them. I don't stash it away.

Some aspects of Xmas are silly. Besides kids get way more than they need now a days.

Keep it simple breh.

Btw I didn't get anything.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I got my wife a jacket, purse and wallet. I also got us a gift card to Uchi - although it's more for her because she wanted to go there and I didn't.

She bought a garage door opener for the house and declared that to be my gift. Hooray.

But to be honest she regularly does more stuff for me/us than I do, so I have no real reason to complain. Also I'm a stout 7 3/8".

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Story time.

I was in 9 years old and had a friend across the street who was 7 (turned 8 over C-break). I told him that santa claus is not real and that your parents are the ones that buy you the gifts. I figured this out at 5 when I cracked open my door and saw my mom wrapping gifts. I also went into the garage and saw new bikes covered up by a sheet. He then tells his mom. Next day I go over to his house and his mom tells me that "I better shutup or I won't get any presents" (his mom was a dime piece too...I really liked it when she did yard work in her bikini tbh). I had no clue what she was talking about. She goes across the street, opens up the door to my house (quiet Katy cul-de-sac, where we always had unlocked doors) and tells my mom to control me and to stop telling her son that santa claus isn't real because it'll ruin his Christmas. And they went all out, with leaving milk and cookies out for Santa and then his dad would sneak out and eat them to make it look like santa arrived.

My mom tells her to gtfo Angie, you know Santa Claus isn't real, he is only speaking the truth. Little did I know my younger sister (5) told her other 5 year old friend the same thing. They say yeah, she is right Santa isn't real. She cried after learning the news. Then the neighbor who came into my house started calling us Grinches for ruining Christmas for kids on the street. 13 years later and this **** is hilarious to us all now.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Got her a ring, received a Keurig and a ton of coffee.

20. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Funny story ! Made me giggle