1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Memphis Shopping Conley and Gasol

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jan 22, 2019.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yup they waited too long to trade them. What trades even really make sense for those two around the league? I can't really think of anywhere. Mirotic, Holliday, filler for Gasol and Conley? Does that even really make sense? Is that just some kind of Titanic deck chair trade?

roslolian likes this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Is the whole world in on this joke?

ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Also for everybody wanting Conley. Why...? He goes against everything moreknee wants in a superstar, in which he is not. Overpaid, in which he is, and finally can't shoot 3s to save his life.

ramotadab and roslolian like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Is as injury prone as Cp3 too. He might be a good tank for Zion piece for us along with Portions if Tillman wants to give up and rebuild.

6. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Hopefully. He's 2 years away from being 2 years away.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They would've still been good had they signed a decent player or two instead of signing Parsons to the max. Dumbest free agency signing in years. Yes, even worse than Ryno.

I've always like Gasol and think he'll still be more than serviceable for a few more years. Too bad he isn't a position of need, not that we'd have what it takes to trade for him. Give me some JaMychal Green please!

ramotadab likes this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Milwaukee would be smart to go after Gasol with Hill+Maker. Memphis get major cap relief and a meh youngster. Milwaukee cement themselves in 1st place imo. If they've been 1st with Lopez at C, I think Gasol would catapult them to another tier with his passing and rebounding.

Vivi likes this.
  9. farhen

farhen Member

meanwhile pretty boy parsons is smoking crack

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. omgTHEpotential

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Bucks or Spurs for Gasol imo, not sure about Conley...i'd say Indiana, Dallas, Orlando...

MichaelSpartan likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

February the 7th cannot come soon enough.

13. what

what Member

I think the Grizzlies would like to possibly get rid of Gasol but I'm not really sure they're that interested in getting rid of Conley.
    It would take a massive amount of value on the other side of the equation for Conley the even be considered being moved.
    Everybody talks about Conley's contract like it's going to force the Grizzlies into some sort of a bad deal, but the Grizzlies know that Conley is worth every damn penny. And most teams do to.
    So yeah, conley ain't going to be coming cheap.

Just because the Grizzlies have a terrible front office a terrible head coach doesn't mean that Conley isn't doing what he needs to do to try to win.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  14. apatel123

apatel123 Member

time to unload those 4 Firsts

Gasol = Championship

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Making CP3 a $40m/yr cheerleader?

Mathloom likes this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No, it won't make that much of a difference. He isn't worth 25 M. The game has changed a lot too.

17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he would only be valuable against teams with big front lines. He can't really run like we want to with capela, and his transition D will probably be suspect. that said with capela out if we can get him for some reasonable deal you have to do it. i would only surrender one first. he's not worth anymore than that on our team.

saleem likes this.
  18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Maybe not Gasol, although I do respect his game, I think the age/contract doesn't fit with us.

Howeva...

At some point I would like to see the Rockets acquire a legit offensive threat at C, one who preferably can step out and bury 3's on the pick and pop. I think that's the final evolution of Harden's rockets. I think we're pretty unconcerned with positional label by now, so call Capela whatever makes you feel happy, PF or C they need a Gasol-esque offensive player with size and height. Ryan Anderson gave us a glimpse of what could be, vertical spacing with bigs being pulled away from the basket. We need that back.

19. omgTHEpotential

So you're not too high on Bickerstaff these days? :oops:

hakeem94 and Vivi like this.
  20. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Wish we could get our hands on Gasol. We don’t need Conley, especially when CP3 comes back. I doubt he would be willing to take a spot off the bench.

I’ve heard that the Rockets are trying to target Garrett Temple and Jamychal Green though in a trade. Don’t know what we would have to give up for either but those guys are probably way more likely than Gasol/Conley at this point.