1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Memphis-Miami trade?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by outlaw, Aug 24, 2004.

1. outlaw

outlaw Member

didn't see this posted yet but heard a quick rumor on 610 tonight

James Posey + Jason Williams = Eddie Jones, Damon Jones & Keyon Dooling?

sounds good for Miami, bad for Memphis.

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i know West likes Jones, but that is ridiculous

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Good hope it happens, I will love to see T-mac dunk on them 2 more times a year..

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I've seen that in a couple of places, and, if true, two questions:

1 what would the Logo be smoking?
    2 how can Jones or Dooling be traded?

If true, pencil Miami in for the Finals.

Also heard some things about:

SAR for Glove ++. Portland could not be serious, could they? GP + Damon + NVE, but virtually no back up 4 or 3?

5. chuichuitrain

chuichuitrain Member

Those are some ridiculous trades, if they go down. Can we please trade MoT and Spoon for KG now?

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The rumor came from the Orlando Sentinel.... all it said was the Magic are interested in Jason Williams, and then says the Grizzlies "might throw in James Posey to make it work". I may be wrong, but I can't see Posey going as a throw-in after his great season.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...g23,1,1037219.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

Heat like Williams

Don't be surprised to hear word that Pat Riley and the Miami Heat are pursuing Memphis point guard Jason Williams, the former University of Florida player. New center Shaquille O'Neal has encouraged it, which is more than a little significant.

Getting Williams would allow Riley to use up-and-coming star Dwyane Wade as a shooting guard, which is his natural position, instead of at point, where he tried to play as a rookie last season.

Part of the deal would include Miami sending small forward Eddie Jones and either Damon Jones or Keyon Dooling to Memphis, who might throw in James Posey to make it work.

It's no coincidence that O'Neal and Williams are Central Florida neighbors with homes in Islesworth. Williams early in his career was both praised and criticized for his flashy style of play, but he has toned it down enough that he would work well with O'Neal. Together, they could make the Heat a joy to watch.

7. Sane

Sane Member

Can't see West making the original proposed trade.

Jason Williams and Shane Battier maybe? Does that work salary-wise?

8. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

i hope that goes through. 1 less lengthy perimeter defender for tmac to worry about, 1 less pg that will light us up.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

This was picked up in Portland, and other places.

No, Battier would be Base Year, with his new extension, I believe.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Posey as the throw-in? He's the best player in the trade. Suffice it to say I don't think this trade will happen.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sufficed, it is.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

would that leave miami with a very small backcourt in wade and williams and no real backup pg? i dont see this trade happening

13. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Please Miami trade one of your only good jumpshooters so the East can pack it in around Shaq.

14. franchise?..NOT

How many ridiculous Miami trades have you seen start as rumors. This is Riley's way of gauging interest. Memphis has spent two years in getting Wiiliams to tone down into one of the better PG's in the league. I can't believe they would trade a guy who makes their team click for a perennial never was like Jones. Jones has an even more ridiculous salary than Williams. Throwing in Posey makes this absolutely stupid. Trade would never go down like this.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yoyo and Rabbi, are you saying it won't happen because the trade isn't good for Miami?

16. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

I think Mephis most move some of their big copntracts if they want to keep Gasol next season.. I think he is a free agen next year

17. dback816

dback816 Member

Talent wise it's a stupid trade for Memphis, but as for contracts...I dont know, what are the #'s on these guys? I still dont see Memphis doing this tho, losing WIlliams is pRetty BIG.