1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Memorable NBA Finals Game 7's -- Rockets vs. Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Jun 16, 2010.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Memorable NBA Finals Game 7s

1994: Rockets 90, Knicks 84
    Critics described the physical, offensively deficient series as Uglyball (neither team scored more than 91 points in a game), but the result was a beautiful thing for the Rockets, who delivered the first major sports championship to Houston. Finals MVP Hakeem Olajuwon had 25 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists in Game 7, while Knicks guard John Starks famously shot 2-of-18 from the field and 0-of-11 from three-point range in Houston.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...le.finals.game7s/content.2.html#ixzz0r33371xn

1 person likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASxTyFlLYso&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASxTyFlLYso&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Keeping it FFF

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

LOL, KC! This should read... "while Knicks guard John Starks infamously shot 2-of-18 from the field and 0-of-11 from three-point range in Houston."

4. KingCheetah

I think you're right.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

After the Fakers won game 3 last week, I thought to myself "there is no way they are going to lose this series no matter what happens the next 2 games".

That is the exact same feeling I had after Sam hit that 3-pointer in Game 3 against the knicks.

The 2-3-2 format really does favor the home team. Unless, of course, the visiting team comes in and sweeps the first 2 games on the road....which is exactly what the Rockets did the next year against the magic. :)

Kind of sad that we Rockets fans have been reduced to reminiscing about the good ol' days for the last decade or so. :(

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I don't see a problem with the wording. :confused:

[​IMG]

7. KingCheetah

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzUv5_YFhPI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzUv5_YFhPI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

8. KingCheetah

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NfPreZjiDFo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NfPreZjiDFo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks for the video. I've said this before,but I feel it needs to be repeated.
    This was the greatest shot block in NBA history.

10. KingCheetah

It never gets old - Hakeem just never giving up on a play. If Hakeem didn't tip that ball it would have hit nothing but the bottom of the net.

11. saleem

Exactly, the Knicks would have won the NBA Championship.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Olajuwon was great as always, but Mad Max came through with 21 points and that 3 pointer above sealed the deal in game 7.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I still have this series on VHS, really need to burn it to DVD.

Going back and watching several times, I'm still somewhat amazed that people thought/think it was ugly ball. Both teams played at a high level with max effort. Probably a biased opinion but I think it is a very underrated series, due to the lack of Jordan in the league BS and low scoring. People that don't give credit to the Rockets are really missing the boat, that Knick team was extremely tough. The Rockets earned every bit of that championship.

1 person likes this.
  14. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I LOVE how Maxwell snatches Starks out the way after hittin the shot lol

Vernon jumpin and punchin the air is the main visual I have when thinkin about that Championship, that and Hakeem absorbing it all on the sideline :cool:

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

No cheating... who was our second leading scorer in Game 6 with 12 points? (Dream had 30.)

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i cheated and looked it up. not too much crazier than our leader in assists.

17. saleem

Great points. The Knicks were a very dedicated and professional team,they gave all they had throughout the series.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

They sell the whole series and championship video on DVD now, I got it for 40 bucks when it came out but I think its cheaper now.

19. KingCheetah

That finals was just gritty, nasty -- Hakeem in his prime vs. Ewing - Starks, Maxwell... epic.

20. BleedsRocketRed

Man I want to say Cassell or Amigo but I dont remember for sure... But I know it was one of those 2...