1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melrose Place "2004"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Fatty FatBastard

Sorry to the Melrose fans, but I'm talking about the show "Nip/Tuck".

Anyone else watching this show. It's very soap-operaish, and very addicting, but my feeling is that this show will last me about 3-4 more episodes before I throw my hands up in the air and yell "that's it! You've just passed all realms of reality!"

Its getting pretty damn close to it now, much the same as when whats-her-face on Melrose blew up the apartment, only to be right back to normal life by the next season.

Any other junkies?

2. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

My wife and I are junkies, and I am close to giving up. Come on, how the hell are the two docs going to work together successfully after Sean figures out that Matt is Troy's son and not his?

I liked it better when the psycho model was stalking people and they were hanging out at sex parties.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm so glad I discovered this show. I love it. I hate the Melrose Place comparison, however.

I missed most of the first season so I'm kind of in the dark on a few things but I've got a good idea of what went down based on the last few episodes of that season.

The local talkshow here in Dallas(Pugs & Kelly Show) has Nip/Tuck discussions every Wednesday after new shows where they also sometimes bring in a plastic surgeon to discuss the surgery and if it is realistic at all. It's pretty funny.

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Blasphemy! Please don't compare Nip/Tuck to the greatness that was Melrose Place. MP never ran out of good stories and had an awesome cast.

Nip/Tuck is starting to get really stupid after a good 1st season.

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

havent seen a full episode but the parts i've seen i've had to change the channel because of the gross surgery scenes.

noticed Emma Caulfield was in last night's episode as a girl who was slashed. i wonder if that was a Buffy shout-out.

Julian McMahon is up for the part of Dr. Doom in the F4 movie.
    I think he might make a good James Bond actually.

6. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Oh and Melrose sucked, even if my buddy had a cameo as a pool guy.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Exactly...have seen a couple of episodes and it is getting very soap opera-ish...

I like the tutor (x-men) she's hot...

8. mulletman

mulletman Member

famke jansen. she was also a bond girl, right?

9. drapg

drapg Member

The commercials gross me out. I've heard nothing but good things, but seeing disfigured people on the commercials everyday makes me sick.

Of course, I have no problem with ganglang executions on "The Sopranos"!!!

Go figure.