1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melodrama...fumble at the 1 yard line?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Aug 1, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, especially since "Melodrama" and "La La Land" just took over the Amazon Ads at the bottom of the page.

The Melodrama is getting back together in Lala's Land.

clutchdabear likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Melo is coming to Houston...there’s nothing to worry about

I don’t see how there’s all this momentum for Melo going to Houston and then he ends up going to Miami who has already conceded that he’s not going there or some other place like LA who didnt seem that interested in him to begin with

The Miami Heat is expecting 10-time All-Star Carmelo Anthony, who is expected to be waived and become a free agent after being traded to the Atlanta Hawks on Thursday, to sign with the Houston Rockets, a league source said Friday.

The Heat had some interest in Anthony, 34, and met with him in Las Vegas at Anthony’s request during NBA Summer League action more than a week ago. But the source said the role and the kind of money Anthony was looking for wasn’t a fit with the Heat.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

jevjnd, Why not?, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  4. today

today Contributing Member

Here it is, start at 5:39

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

A billionaire who has no phone with video capabilities?

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Douchebag as always.

And to think that CP3 will fix him lulz...

7. MonteMelo

MonteMelo Member

Can you teach me how to block someone on Clutch Fans?

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Man I miss @ch44 posts

Deuce and DonKnock like this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

George Kark on MElo:

"[He] is user of people, addicted to the spotlight and very unhappy when he had to share it.

"He really lit my fuse with his low demand of himself on defense. He had no commitment to the hard, dirty work of stopping the other guy."

MElo's 15 year history in the NBA supports was Karl said.

If MElo comes here, its for himself, not for the Rockets.

A selfish low % chucker that has no interest in playing defense AND one that is also washed up = No place on this team.

Cash Cam, deadlybulb, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

= place on the team, and if it doesn't work them we release him to find a new team. For the price we literally have nothing to lose.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We have a lot to lose.

He has the potential to cause drama and disrupt our chemistry and defensive identity. We surrounded Harden with defenders and he is finally playing defense and is respectable at it. Adding Melo could be disastrous.

All it takes is one selfish guy like Melo to destroy the team chemistry.

We are going against one of the best teams in the history of the NBA. We dont have time and margin of error to be kowtowing to a washed up player that was never that great even in his prime. There is a reason this guy has been a loser most of his career and the one team he enjoyed some playoffs success on, his coach had some damning words about him.

This guy has never shown any interest in playing defense all his career and we expect to mend his ways at age 34?? You would have to be a fool to bet with those odds.

I have 15 years of history backing up what I am saying. For pro Melo folks, their argument is, "CP3 will change him". lulz...

I mean, he is not even a Rocket yet and is already making demands.

The basketball gods have protected us from this washed up diva two times already. Morey would be a fool to add him to this team.

deadlybulb likes this.
  12. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Somehow you must have overlooked the whole 'if it doesn't work out we can just release him to find a new team' portion of my post, which I find surprising considering it made up about 50% of it.

Releasing him won't cause any ill feelings. It wont destroy team chemistry. It's happend time and time in the NBA to no ill effect. There is a history to go off of. It's just admitting that the situation isn't working for either party & thus the organization has the respect to give him the ability to find a team that allows him to play the role he wants. We will release him to do that instead of demanding him to sit or play a role he disagrees with.

We have him on such a cheap deal that it's literally a no risk gamble. If it works.. it could be HUGEEEE.. if it doesn't? No big deal, we march forward with no lockeroom cancer.

#252 Realjad, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Granville likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

I

Just

Don’t

Care..

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Tillman would be allowed to say anything. Just like how Morey is playing it as if it might happen.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

That was probably the last straw. Thanks, Clutch! And thanks, Obama!

rockbox likes this.
  16. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Fake

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't Blake griffin's wife getting paid more at this point?

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Meh. Carmelo is one of those athletes who thinks he's a lot more eloquent than he actually is. Some guys know how to say what they're thinking, and others can pretty much only think it; when they open their mouths, things get muddied up.

We're not signing him to be the team spokesperson. All I care about is his ability to hoop.

rockbox likes this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

The problem here is that when you say, "I'm serious," my brain responds, "He's not serious."

[​IMG]

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Ok