1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo wants Artest, hears Mike Miller

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hooroo, Feb 16, 2008.

1. tsunami

tsunami Member

Hi there, could you let me know the url for nuggets fans forum/bbs ? thanks in advance.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sounds like kyle lowry.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just so you don't get Artest. I totally understand why Melo wants him.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

yeah but he wont help their D.

they need Artest more for that reason alone.

right now the Nugs couldnt guard a team of Grannies.

5. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I love comments like these. You do realize that per 100 possessions, the Nugs are giving up less points than:

* Utah
    * Phoenix
    * Los Angeles Lakers
    * Dallas
    * Golden State

And the same amount as:

* New Orleans

We're only one point behind SA and two points per game behind you guys. So in other words, we're giving up less points than 5/8 the playoff teams in the West and are tied with the team with the best record in the West. Are the Nugs a defensive juggernaut? No, but they're hardly the sieve everyone here makes them out to be.

This is going to sound confrontational, but I don't mean for it to. How do you know this? This is the first I've heard of it and I'm fairly certain it would have come up. I seriously doubt this rumor (but I could be wrong).

Best public one is probably http://nuggets.proboards1.com . The one I post on is a private board.

6. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

I want miller for houtson maaaaannnnnn!!!!!!!!! :mad:

7. blender

blender Member

IIRC there were a few mentions on this back in February 2007. Here's one I found through a quick Google search.

Anyway, that's the story that came out after the James for Howard deal fell through.

8. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

See, I view that as "Houston was trying to deal Lucas, and trying to acquire someone like Kleiza", not necessarily Lucas for Kleiza. Then again, knowing the Nugs front office, I rule nothing out.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

CD commented on that trade. At the time when the offer was on the table Nuggets were in luxury tax that trade would have gotten them under.