1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Melo Thread] Woj: OKC and Melo to part ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lakers are still pushing for Kawhi too

mockster and DonKnock like this.
  2. mockster

mockster Member

Seriously?, they will easily make the playoffs Lebron has been in the finals for what 7-8 years straight. Every team Lebron is on is competing for a title. Yes do I think warriors and Rockets would knock them out, yeah but they would still compete for a ring and have a chance. Plus LA most likely pulls the trigger at some point for another big name but their core isn’t bad. An improved Lonzo, Ingram and kuzma could be hopeful. Although I’m losing hope on Ingram

Also in b4 that he was in the east blah blah, he’s the best basketball player in the world he will bring them close

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Your info my ass.
    Love the educated guessing. Melo definitely would prefer the city of LA over the city of Houston to live in. Less pressure on him considering we’ve already seen what our team has done so any steps back may end up on him to the media and public. More chance for him to get playing time/starting.

Not that we’re definitely out but if I was going over his reasoning I would say LA has the edge. But that’s based on my reasoning and I don’t know him or have any inside knowledge. Just like you have ZERO info but are hoping that if you’re right people will think you’re somehow connected. I won’t. Pretty sure we all won’t.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

a page too late :p

Richie_Rich, Vivi, J.R. and 1 other person like this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Instead of "one of" it needs to say "the." Sounds to me this guy is trying to cover his azz.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Yah, dont want that kind of attention, thank you for offering though. Just passing it along. Thought id give some money to charity in the meantime. For the record, i want melo in Houston. I think he's a great fit. All i know if that my wife has a connection to LaLa, and LaLa has made it well known this move is her choice. Melo hasnt exactly been the best husband over the past couple years. He is in makeup mode. Do with it what you will. Just wanted to pass it along.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There's just more of a role for him here compared to how he fits in LA. We've been planning to add him for a year now. CP3 is his main man, not LeBron. I don't see the Lakers as the fav if we pursue.

Tfor3 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Lala had agreed to come to Houston last summer btw.

D-rock, Tfor3 and Chamillionaire like this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This same guy has a tweet from a few days ago saying Heat.

12. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

She didnt move to okc i thought. He said he went there by himself

clutchdabear and Cstyle42 like this.
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yup throwing crap against the wall hoping it sticks.

Chamillionaire and DonKnock like this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Haha.

Told you guys.

It will be hard for him to give up LA Lifestyle!!!

Looks like we are going to dodge the third Melo bullet!

Basketball gods must really like Morey!

PS. Let's hope this is true and happens!

15. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

What are we dodging? Its a cheap contract. All you do is complain about what we are doing in FA. Not paying attention to the fact the rockets have no money. We cant add an impact FA. This is the perfect gamble.

Let me guess. You were probably one of those that said we gave up too much for paul

PDJACK7 and Trackwell like this.
  16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I don’t mind Melos bullet, I wish we could have dodged Rhyno’s atomic bomb.

Trackwell and Zboy like this.
  17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I believe you man. Please post what you can regardless of its veracity.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

To say Lakers are already the pick is a reach.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lebron was in the East and he only ended as the fourth seed. He’s known to loaf and not play as hard in regular season to save energy for playoffs. He was terrible on defense last year. Eventhough they made the finals did really compete for a title the last two years? Winning 1 game in 8 tries is hardly competing.

I for one don’t see how that team fits. I think they will have a lot of issues in the locker room with all those alpha personalities. Lebron wanted to play with smarter players and he got Lance and Javale.. lol. They have no shooters. Defensively they should be fine but how do they score? Teams are just gonna pack the paint and dare Rondo, Javale, lance, Lonzo, to shoot threes.

I think right now Rockets, Warriors, Thunder, Jazz, blazers, pelicans, Timberwolves, Nuggets, Spurs are all better than them, so yes they will need to compete for a playoff spot in the West.

Heck, I can see the Mavs and Suns and Grizzles being better than them.

Playing an Eastern conference heavy schedule he only got 50 wins. That won’t cut it in the West.

And I actually think Lebron is the best player of all time. But I don’t see how he has any help in LA. I’m still confused as to why he went there. He pretty much just wasted 1 year of his career this year in LA.

D-rock likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

FWIW

D-rock and Vivi like this.