1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Melo Thread] Woj: OKC and Melo to part ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Incorrect. Melo will be a Laker by the end of the summer.

2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

DonKnock likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

4. mockster

mockster Member

I was saying Melo 2 Houston before it was cool

DonKnock, Hakeemtheking and rserina like this.
  5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I don’t think Ariza leaving will be that impactful. Luc, before his injuries was fantastic and there wasn’t much of a drop off when Luc would come in the game for Ariza. However, when CP3 was out, our lack of scoring and playmaking did bite us pretty bad. Melo fits the bill in this aspect. He can score in isololation and cause problems against smaller defenders on the post. Yes, he’s a concern defensively but as long as he can grasp our defensive scheme and understand where to be, with some effort he should be passable against most teams.

#406 Elephant810, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  7. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

I dont' really care if he comes or not, but a lineup of Lonzo, Ingram, Lebron, Melo, Mcgee? That's nothing but stunting future growth and i mean Ingram is not a 2 which he will probably have to be in that lineup.

ArtV likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Melo to LA confirmed.

TexAg713, don grahamleone and Nook like this.
  9. KingCheetah

10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Stein says the Lakers might not be interested in pursuing Melo

DonKnock, Vivi and KingCheetah like this.
  11. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

On a team going nowhere in New York amd a team he didnt want to go to and feels disrespected by. He'll be going to the team he chooses finally and has a lot to prove. If Harden can improve defensively so can Melo.

And you didnt answer my question. Whichwould you rather have? Because im still just saying that hes a better option than Ryan. Do you agree?

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

More if's and scapegoat excuses. just another day

13. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I edited what I said above. Im still comparing him to Ryno & you didnt answer my question. Not that you have to.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's not who he is replacing if he comes here.

last year i was on the melo boat. but after following him this year and how much he has significantly declined coupled with his horrible ego, I no longer think he would be an upgrade for this team.

again, at the very least a limited bench role with his ego in check would have a positive role here

15. AnHero

AnHero Member

I could see Melo being slightly better for us than OKC. I know it isn't very likely but playing with a guy like Russ is soul sucking. He never got easy buckets from Russ. His defense seemed so awful though, we don't have many other options though.

16. KingCheetah

You really know your stuff -- do you think Morey knows that Anthony is literally cancer?

17. rserina

rserina Member

The problem with losing Ariza is that you didn't have to use an asset like the MLE to sign him, reserving that for some other need. He isn't irreplaceable per se. He is a good locker room guy who plays hard and has turned himself into a terrific corner floor spacer, but his defense is getting worse and he has no other offensive skills left. I actually think Luc will be better in a few years. His shot is starting to come around (like Ariza's), but he still has enough hop in his legs to defend, move off the ball, finish, etc. But, yes, that will cost you the MLE now.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

we'll find out soon enough

he must of misdiagnosed the likes of howard and lawson when they went in for checkups

19. rserina

rserina Member

Move him to starting four, with Tucker coming in at the three (or the five, depending on the matchup), then sliding over to the four when Melo hits the bench. Starting isn't the real issue. Finishing is, or at least it was for Melo in the playoffs.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Screw it, at this point, let's offer Bosh a vets min deal. Haha