1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo has dropped about 2 stone

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by KingCheetah, Aug 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't see how the guy could have lost 2 stone (and we're using that British term now?). Like was pointed out, that's 28 pounds! Clearly, Melo has lost some weight, though. Looks good!

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That bulk was a big part of his game in the post. Anyone can shoot perimeter shots all day, Melo has 1 decent year shooting 3's and he thinks he can live out there even more so than he already was?

3. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

apparently his paleo diet dropped him about 10-15lbs, which equates to approx 1 stone.

I think this was good for him. Longevity is more important than the ability to bang in the post. If Melo never wins a ring [which I doubt he will] longevity will play an important role in getting him nominated for the HOF... if that's what he's aiming for

4. spysta

spysta Member

The whole league just watched Dwade turn to dust at 32 and has watched Tim Duncan play at a high level well into his late 30s.

Easy decision, drop the weight, everyone in the US needs to follow their lead.

5. Louka

I understand what you're saying, but I don't like the example. Wade had his meniscus removed in 2002 which almost guaranteed a shortened career in order for a shorter recovery which seemed like the right decision at the time. Wade had dropped to 5% body fat a few years back so dropping weight did not circumvent his knee issues.

6. spysta

spysta Member

Good point, didn't know or remember he had a meniscus removed, just like brandon roy, such a bad decision im glad the young stars like westbrook and rose know better than to remove it.

7. Asian Sensation

He look good. Hnnnnnng!

8. chandlerbang21

you do know that 5% is below what professional bodybuilders compete at right? Wade wouldnt have the energy to play one quarter of bball if his BF was that low l

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Look up the body fat measurements of athletes, many guys are below 5%. They are no bodybuilders with giant, over-sized muscles that need unhuman energy.

10. Louka

11. Remii

Remii Member

I hope Harden is paying attention to what these dudes are doing.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My condolences. Kidney stones can be very painful.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Meh...

Wade had a good regular season last year and was actually better overall in the playoffs this year, than last year. What he did have, was a poor NBA Finals which is a small sample size.

Further, Wade was already extremely thin and played a style of game that was very violent (mostly penetration) and predicated on scoring off contact.

What Wade needs to do is work on his three point shot. There is no reason that a 11 year veteran shooting guard shoots under 30% from the three point line.

1 person likes this.
  14. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

He looks like he's at rookie year weight

15. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

12.7 kg is 28 lbs

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Wade had a good year because the team was able to afford to sit him for extended periods. When they were forced to play him like you would a regular starter his body broke down.

17. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

your turn tubby(harden).

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm sure they round down those numbers and those results are likely from caliper tests, which depend greatly on where they are measured and the competence of the tester. A 5% caliper test is probably closer to 7 or 8, if done perfectly. If done by a more accurate scan, then it's closer to 10%.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe helps in injury prevention the less weight you have the less stress on your joints when you land after jumping. I think its OK if you don't want to bang in the post I mean look at KD, the dude has no strength he wasnt able to bench press even 1 time yet he instantly became one of the best scorers in the L.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member