1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MELO HAS BEEN USED AND PLAYED, says Stephen A Smith

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. conquistador#11

THE ONLY ONE USING CARMELO IS LALA, HOWWWWEVA, BEING IN NEW YAKK HAS GIVEN LALA AND CARMELO HOW MANY MOVIES? EVEN DELLAVEDOBA, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO HE IS, IS GETTING A FILM MADE ABOUT HIM! WHERE ARE MY CHEETOS!?

sorry for the yelling but i get worked up sometimes, later my nickels.

2. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

The Knicks fans are delusional.

“I have no idea what Phil Jackson is thinking,” said Mark Dantuono, 17, of Staten Island. “Maybe he thinks he’s going to be the next Pau Gasol, but I don’t think so. This is the worst thing I’ve ever lived through as a Knicks fan. He didn’t score that many points in Europe. What’s he going to do in the NBA?”

Oh really? This is the worst thing you've lived through as a Knicks fan? Perhaps you know more than Phil Jackson and his 11 NBA titles.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/25/why-knicks-fans-at-draft-were-so-upset-with-porzingis-pick/

3. hakeemthagreat

That's not what Phil Jackson sold them on when he got the job. He didn't say we're 5-6 years away from relevancy. He clearly sold them on "win now". Unfortunately that couldn't be further from the truth

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

absolutely no sympathy for melo. he chose the $ over winning. he has no reason to complain since it was his own decision.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Justise Winslow.

Pat Riley struck absolute gold

6. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

So dumb. Not you. The news source that will ask a 17 year old their opinion and then quote him with his lifelong pain that he's endured. Dumb.

That's it, boys. We jumped the shark. I'm closing my browser and waiting for this internet fad thing to end.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I like the risk Phil is taking with Porzingis but it doesn't align well at all with the 5-yr, $124 million contract he signed Carmelo to.</p>&mdash; Ian Begley (@IanBegley) <a href="https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/614426316696342528">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If you sign Melo, 31, to a near max deal, shouldn't you use the No. 4 pick to add a piece that can help you contend in the immediate future?</p>&mdash; Ian Begley (@IanBegley) <a href="https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/614427419353698306">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Carmelo is a big part of the reason they had the 4 seed. Injured... Kind of but not enoughf to skip the all star game... But then Enough to miss the rest of the season.

By all accounts they tried to trade the pick. Nothing materialized of value.

All you can do then is argue the pick itself. Frankly the Knjcks fans and SAS disappoint has me scared the kid may actual turn into something.

I would have gone Mudiay but if you were number 4 in this draft you were in the outside looking in.

Justice Winslow obviousky would have been a huge stretch.

9. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

ha ha ... he MAD!

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;If I were Carmelo Anthony, I would ask to be traded today. This is bad.&quot; – <a href="https://twitter.com/stephenasmith">@stephenasmith</a> of <a href="https://twitter.com/FirstTake">@FirstTake</a> <a href="http://t.co/tEb6WF3vkL">pic.twitter.com/tEb6WF3vkL</a></p>&mdash; Mike &amp; Mike (@MikeAndMike) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeAndMike/status/614408408951877632">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

11. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

And then they traded Tim Hardaway Jr for a rookie. How can they expect to win a championship now?

12. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

He will then veto every trade. Haha.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Who cares! I've always thought he was a T-Mac clone. A points, no results.

14. MD_in_Training

Knicks fans are mad about drafting a project? REALLY? That's what they're concerned about??? How about the fact that their entire franchise is based on one dude - a chucker who doesn't play defense, doesn't make his teammates better, and has never won anything? If anything, Phil Jackson's biggest and only unforgivable mistake is throwing that kind of franchise-destroying money to Carmelo.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This is ridiculous. I thought everyone knew back when Melo committed to the Knicks that they were going to suck. Did Knicks fans not know??? If they're going to be mad at Jackson, it should be for committing god-awful sums of money to Melo, not for drafting Porzingis.

16. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Its amazing that pundits and fans are talking about contention when you just won 17 games last season as a franchise.

Its equally as amazing to mutter in the same sentence "Carmelo Anthony & contention". I thought everyone wrote off 5 years ago his ability to carry a team to a title?

17. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Hahaha Knicks fans never cease to amaze. They deserve the team they have.

Only they could think after one bad season and one top 5 pick that they would be contending the next year.

Now they are going after 35 year old david west?

At some point you have to understand as a franchise and fan base that it can't always be about the now.

18. sew

sew Member

Well that's the thing. You give Melo all that money and then claim your team is going to contend for a playoff spot in the immediate future. Then you draft a 3 year project at #4 and trade Tim Hardaway for a rookie. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

19. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

But but but ... what if they sign:

* Marc Gasol & Kevin Love?
    * Marc Gasol & LMA?
    * Marc Gasol & David West?

or

* DeAndre Jordan & Kevin Love?
    * DeAndre Jordan & LMA?
    * DeAndre Jordan & David West?

And and and Goran Dragic as their starting PG ?

It is the ZEN Master for a reason ... :rolleyes:

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Can we all agree that SAS is the Sarah Palin of ESPN?