1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo Deal starting all over according to Woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

And Joakim's air balls yield 72M as well

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

True, but at least the Blazers can still claim their 1st place as a team relaunching with Crabbe and Turner...together they're unbeatable tbh :eek::D

BHannes2BHonest and Jayzers_100 like this.
  4. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I wanted to report his ass for that dumb tweet.

Knicks have no leverage simply because they made it clear they want to move him and this he may still be there is a cheap attempt to get Melo(of all people) to fold which he won't and he's proven that.

BHannes2BHonest and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

must be a typo he meant no not all

and because not outsid

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

i mean i can see where they're coming from. NYK can say they won't mind keeping him and have him opt out and they would have a ton of cap space instead of acquiring a player they don't want. they can try to force us in giving more for melo. just a game of who gives in first right now

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

well, except for that pesty lil ol' NTC; and announcing you're dealing him as he doesn't fit in; and and ...

BigMaloe, malakas and Pen15clubber like this.
  8. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

He would opt in like Paul just did

9. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

I'm in perfect health aside from this terminal illness

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

The dark ages would've been pretty cool if not for the bubonic plague and witch hunting...

11. joshsemite

joshsemite Member

While I wouldn't call what the Knicks have leverage, they do have the luxury of time. Settling for RA (who I don't think is a bad player, but he is not a good fit for the $$ for NY) without absolutely exhausting all options is something that would be foolish. And whether they trade him now, or mid season, it really won't affect NYK record or status at all. Houston on the other hand would like to build some chemistry right away and does not really have the luxury of time. They do have the luxury of having a real team, as opposed to my train wreck of a team, but that is a different story.

12. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

He's coming to Houston. Period.

gatsby, BigMaloe, Rudyc281 and 3 others like this.
  13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yes but realistically NYK know he wouldn't opt in and go through that nightmare again. I don't know if they're gonna go through with that bet but lets hope not

14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

"Aside from NTC, the Knicks have all the leverage" is like saying "Aside from my ugly face and my garbage body, I look exactly like Ryan Gosling".

15. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Woj talked about mills not wanting to go the battle route with melo. I think something gets done before camp.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You underestimate how much Melo loves his $$. He forced NY to gut the team for him to get all his $$. He passed on hooking up with the banana boys sooner to get the most guaranteed $$. No team with one of his friend on it can afford to pay him the $$ he would walk away from in his last season under contract. He would opt in.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. Asian Sensation

He's being facetious. I mean he has to be.

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

20. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

did anyone catch WOJ on the jump talking Melo today? ( I seen a couple of tweets) i cant post them here at work.
    But it was something about WOJ spoke to Morey about the sale of the team impacting melo negotations and Morey told him they wont affect at all (also that if they can agree on a melo trade and it cost them more- Leslie Alexander is willing to spend on the way out

BHannes2BHonest likes this.