1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melania Trump Earns an "F" for Plagiarism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sirbaihu, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I guess that somehow a copy of Donald Trump's convention acceptance speech has been leaked.... they claim Trump worked with the same speech writer.

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation. [applause]

We are going to win so big it is going to blow your top off. I mean a huge win with lots of great stuff... great.

Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves [Audience:] (Yeah) who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity. (Hmm)

We are going to watch the Muslims, maybe deport the bad ones. Make them say they are sorry and build a giant sphere around America like that movie Bio-Dome to keep them all out, Jose, Muhammad, all of them. Did you know Bio-Dome can really be done, I asked my friend Paulie Shore and he said it can be done. We will have a great dome, best ever, bigger than the one in Greece.

I have a dream (Mhm) that one day (Yes) this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed (Hah): “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.” (Yeah, Uh-huh, Hear hear) [applause]

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia (Yes, Talk), the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream (Yes) [applause] that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice (Yeah), sweltering with the heat of oppression (Mhm), will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream (Yeah) [applause] that my four little children (Well) will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. (My Lord) I have a dream today. [enthusiastic applause]

I have a dream that one day down in Alabama, with its vicious racists (Yes, Yeah), with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of “interposition” and “nullification” (Yes), one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers. I have a dream today. [applause] (God help him, Preach)

How about that Scott Baio huh? A great American! Greatest of the great!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted (Yes), every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain (Yes), and the crooked places will be made straight (Yes), and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed [cheering], and all flesh shall see it together. (Yes Lord)

This is our hope. (Yes, Yes) This is the faith that I go back to the South with. (Yes) With this faith (My Lord) we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. (Yes, All right) With this faith (Yes) we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation (Yes) into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. (Talk about it) With this faith (Yes, My Lord) we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together (Yes), to stand up for freedom together (Yeah), knowing that we will be free one day. [sustained applause]

This will be the day, this will be the day when all of God’s children (Yes, Yeah) will be able to sing with new meaning: “My country, ‘tis of thee (Yeah, Yes), sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. (Oh yes) Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim’s pride (Yeah), from every mountainside, let freedom ring!” (Yeah)

Speaking of rings, did you see the size of the ring on Chris Christie's paw? What a ****ing pig huh? I couldn't make him Vice President with that waist line, he looks like a fat stuffed pig at a Mexican fiesta, apple in mouth, the whole nine yards. speaking of Mexicans, they love me... very festive people you know.

And when this happens [applause] (Let it ring, Let it ring), and when we allow freedom ring (Let it ring), when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city (Yes Lord), we will be able to speed up that day when all of God’s children (Yeah), black men (Yeah) and white men (Yeah), Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics (Yes), will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: “Free at last! (Yes) Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!” [enthusiastic applause]

Bada-Bing!

2. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... no, why don't you post per vadum paragraphs where Obama plagiarized someone else...... good luck with that.

Her speech was solid, but it was better the first time in 2008.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Plagiarism is plagiarism. I had a college student say to me: "I didn't plagiarize. My bf wrote this for me." And I told her "Well thank your bf for earning you an 'F.'"

You still fail to find who Obama supposedly copied in her speech. If Obama is not the original, show us who is!

"No one is talking much about Melania's speech now"? EVERYONE is.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Melania Trump responded to plagiarism accusations: "These accusations are not only hurtful to me, but they are also hurtful to my children Sasha & Malia."

3 people like this.
  5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Apparently, so much of it is eerily what happens in D.C. Funny for entertainment purposes, but scary for real life.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Whatever his angle I think Trump's appeal is as a rebuttal to the entire first part of the century, in the same way that Reagan was a referendum on the Kennedy era. That core sentiment has probably pushed him through the primaries and makes his election seem more and more possible.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here is the RNC'a chief strategist citing My Little Pony to argue that Melania Trump did not plagiarize her speech <a href="https://t.co/eRifu41wHC">pic.twitter.com/eRifu41wHC</a></p>&mdash; Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) <a href="https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/755455836240089088">July 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I think and hope she was lying about taking the majority of credit for this speech. She probably regrets trying to do that now.

Amazing how they screwed this up in a totally controlled environment. By some accounts she had to be convinced to do this. She's probably having a 'told you so moment' behind the scenes.

Also anyone saying it wasn't plagiarism is either a f*ing idiot, or thinks everyone else is a f*ing idiot to believe their excuses.

9. Granville

Granville Member

Ok all you uptight Libs...calm down....eems like this guy has been peddling that speech all over the country. Hold your outrage this isn't the first time Sparky pulled this con. No word yet whether Michelle has told Melania to bring it next time.

[​IMG]

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Making America great again!

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

BRB Googling "how to become an expat"

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank Obama!

Michele that is.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

#93 DaDakota, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Spit up my drink. :grin: lol Nice.

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

So what grade would you give Obama?
    <blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Plagiarizer in Chief: &quot;Muh words okie doke&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FamousMelianaTrumpQuotes?src=hash">#FamousMelianaTrumpQuotes</a> <a href="https://t.co/yjNB29ArUX">pic.twitter.com/yjNB29ArUX</a></p>&mdash; #FreeCristina (@JaredWyand) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaredWyand/status/755476161250156544">July 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Too bad America is now a circus....

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I guess ole Melania couldn't find any Republican speeches to mimic. She's smarter than she looks.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

in fairness, it's really not that big a deal that a cliched speech written for a presidential candidate's spouse ended up using some of the same cliche's as another cliched speech written for a different presidential candidate's spouse.

it's kind of funny, sure, but not really a big deal.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Grade=F

20. MystikArkitect

/election