1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melania Trump Earns an "F" for Plagiarism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sirbaihu, Jul 19, 2016.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

"You all have been brainwashed by the liberal media. The brainwash is so strong that you guys don't even notice that wasn't even Trump's wife who spoke last night but rather an alien impostor."

Signed by your resident clutchfan's idiot,
    Rocketslegend

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Melania Trump has issued the CORRECTED version of her speech:

". . . that you work hard on your speech, that your word is not Michelle Obama's, and you say what came from your own mind, that you treat your audience with respect.

"And we need to pass those lessons on to the generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your desire to steal from people who have achieved more than you, such as First Lady Michelle Obama."

1 person likes this.
  3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No, he married her because well, let's face it, she is a brick house. That women is what you would call stacked, which many would agree is fact, not opinion. Obviously, I am not holding back in stating this.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Trump is just trying to see how much he can get away with. :grin:

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So what you're saying is Melania was Michelle's speech writer?

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Oh my gosh, I thought you were kidding, but...

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/07/19/paul-manafort-blames-hillary-clinton-for-melania-trump-speech-plagiarism-allegation/

This is so much worst than a simple flub in a speech in my opinion. He and his campaign is completely incapable to accept even the slightest blame or mistake.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maybe it only looks like plagiarism because the ideas are so unimaginative and insipid that the words automatically come out the same. Work hard, keep your promises, treat people with respect, teach your children. These are all good things, but it's not like Michelle Obama was breaking new ground here.

I actually feel bad for Melania. First, she has to be married to and have sex with the Donald, which is bad enough. But she isn't in the limelight every day like her husband. This was a big moment for her as a potential first lady to make a good first impression and create a dignified presidential image for herself. And the campaign let her down. She was already on pretty tenuous ground as a model and mail-order bride from Eastern Europe for an old billionaire -- she has a lot of stereotypes to fight. They needed to make her look smart. If Trump somehow wins, I don't think she'll ever get the respect modern First Ladies have gotten.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, her husband's organization really hung her out to dry.

9. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

This plagiarism (along with Trump-Pence logo and the unapproved use of the "We Are The Champions" song) just reinforces the incompetence of the Trump campaign. I don't fault Melania herself too much (hell I feel kinda bad for her)...it's her handlers that should have run the speech through a plagiarism detector and caught this. I get the impression that they shoot from the hip a lot. That said...I think this whole story will blow over in a couple of days. Most people will disapprove of the plagiarism...but at the same time they don't really care. Some no-name speech writer might get fired. I think most people realize that Melania isn't much more than arm candy.

Trump isn't going to lose any support from this. Melania isn't running for POTUS, Donald is. And as for the undecideds, I doubt this will factor into their voting decision.

Steve King's white supremacist spiel was much worse.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

James Comey weighed in on this and said that it isn't clear if Melania has the sophistication to understand what plagiarism is. Loretta Lynch met with Donald Trump and has decided that Melania did nothing wrong.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

What is there to feel bad about? Trump and his entire associations are just horrid people. She probably has the same attitude towards people of color and has privileges that are beyond comprehension for the average person. Trump is not a great business man but inherited most of what he got. Every time on of his business fail and he files the chapter 11 it puts tens of thousands of employees out of work. He's filed chapter 11 numerous times. He cares nothing for the most of the common people and is a horrid racist. He and his entire family are nothing about narcissists.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

She didn't use similar themes, she used the exact phrasing. It's plagiarism.

I'm still of the belief that a speech writer tanked her on purpose. Between this and the Rick Roll...it seems to unbelievable to me that it was an accident.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Oh noey, the poor billionaire wife of Trump could feel bad because of a speech. Let's all keep her in our prayers. :(

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This doesn't make her look bad, it makes her husband look bad for running a campaign with such incompetence.

If Michelle Obama had done this you know the right would never let it go.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Aside from mere plagiarism, which itself is weak and pathetic, they stole from MICHELLE OBAMA.

Trump as president would be reading us the greatest works of Vladimir Putin in translation (Cliff's Notes edition) in his State of the Union address.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/mariasolnevada">@mariasolnevada</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/myGianLuca">@myGianLuca</a> oh my sweet summer child!!<br><br>Watch Word for word sections between both speeches <a href="https://t.co/qEubMI63Zu">pic.twitter.com/qEubMI63Zu</a></p>&mdash; True Indian (@fast756) <a href="https://twitter.com/fast756/status/755285347458703361">July 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Anticope

Anticope Member

This. I mean, if they're going to take lines from another First Lady's speech at least take them from Nancy Reagan or someone like that, not the wife of the president whose policies you are running against. This isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it does show complete incompetence from the campaign of someone who claims he's going to surround himself with "the best people."

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

not serious business in my day to day life. college tuition, minimum wage, legal mar1juana/medical, immigration, those are the things that affect me everyday. this non-policy making bimbo's dumb speech doesn't even register in my life.

-edit- and the back and forth bickering, who's lies are worse, if the other side did it, garbage has already started. i'm seriously disappointed in you people. the crappy, contempt government we have is apparently well deserved.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I disagree that she is a bimbo. But it was indeed a dumb speech, worse than dumb: incompetent, deceptive, unoriginal.

I feel very sorry for Melania. Her husband's team totally besmirched her.

20. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Lol.

All you fatties get way too excited when you have a reason to diss a woman who doesn't look like the heffer's you talk to every day.

Boo hoo, a speech writer is incompetent and will lose his job.

Back to your cubicles.