1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Megafight crumbling...Mayweather threatens to pull out of showdown with Paquiao

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Evil Empire, Dec 16, 2009.

1. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

So let me get this straight... Mayweather is getting an advantage when both of them have to draw the same amount of blood and at the same time.

Huh??? Your post is seriously stupid, unless I misunderstood you. You do realize that Pacman isn't the only one who would have to give blood?

I'll give you a chance to explain what you meant, cause it seriously makes no sense. Mayweather has stamina galore too, same as Pacman. If you hadn't noticed, a ton of Mayweather's fights go the distance where he wins by decision. He's not a huge knockout guy.

1 person likes this.
  2. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I like both fighters and will say that Mayweather has more skill than Pacman when it comes to boxing. Manny's advantages are pure physical and depend more on stamina and endurance. His power and speed are his weapons, and drawing blood can cause a decrease in both. I'm not saying Mayweather won't be affected by the testing, I'm just saying it will affect Manny more.

Look I just want this fight to happen, why do they have to switch up testing if he's going to give a blood sample after the fight anyways? What's the point?

3. Major

Major Member

Olympic athletes don't seem to have a problem with it.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Honestly. These arguments are killing me. It's as if this is entirely unprecedented.

They do this at the Olympic level. There is no endurance lost from having someone take a tablespoon full of blood. We're not talking about blood donation pints here.

5. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

I support Manny 100% and believe he's innocent until proven otherwise but its hard to defend him if he's no willing to make an effort to 1) make this fight go through and 2) defend his own innocence.

6. what

what Member

Manny has made the effort. He said that he is willing to take blood tests. He just isn't going to allow mayweather dictate a clause to him based on the premise that Manny himself is a cheater.

I find it laughable that Mayweather's camp calling out Manny as a cheater. Gayweather took advantage of a clause against JMM basically fighting at a whole different weight class.

Gayweather, sucks.