1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meet the 2011-12 Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Dec 25, 2011.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2011/12/meet-the-2011-12-rockets/

New players:

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

3. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Kyle Lowry "overtraining" with Brian Cushing in the offseason?

4. gah

gah Member

Reading through this just made me wish for a 3 for 1 trade.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Or a couple of guys for some future draft picks, there is just not enough playing time to do anything.

DD

6. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

LOL at our depth chart.

Lowry/Dragic/Flynn
    Martin/Lee/Williams
    Budinger/Morris/Parsons
    Scola/Patterson/Adrien
    Dalembert/Hill/Thabeet

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ishhhhhhhhhh

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There are 11 legitimate rotation players there...just too many.....no rythmn, no one will be happy.

DD

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You might think this compressed 66 game season will favor our depth chart.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Meet the 2011-12 Rockets: They won't be here for long!

:p

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

Hmm. I wish we could cash in 3 of our players for a clear upgrade while preserving our youth. Maybe trade our older players for someone like Pau, oh wait...

12. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd rather trade away one or two veterans for picks and get Dmo's eagle tattooed ass dropped down here.
    Let Pau's behind rust in tinseltown.

14. gah

gah Member

I hear ya.

The depth is why I didn't mind surrendering Goran, Martin and Scola for the superior talent, if getting Nene was a sure thing I even wouldn't have cared if Patterson was included as well. Were we overspending? Pretty much, but we have enough talent to spare. In conclusion, with our depth, it would be stubborn not to overspend a little to get premium talent, that's why I was surprised at how the Gasol trade was evaluated here.

15. Spooner

Spooner Member

I wouldn't be apposed to that, however I just don't see it as a realistic option at this point. I would assume lottery bound teams wouldn't be willing to part with their picks for Martin or Scola at their respective salaries. This means, if anything, they would be going to contenders for late 1st rounders. To me at least, they have way more value than that. Factoring in all of the prospects we already have, I don't think I would push for that. Having said that, I am excited to see what the team can do as is, and expect some trade to be made by the deadline to clear the logjam that we have now. Hopefully, in the process we upgrade at a position.

Pretty freaking pumped about Dmo though...

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

You and me both.

17. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

We should package Thabeet/Flynn/Parsons for picks, it would give us a stronger core and give us better assets imo.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you are saying we spend max money on a soon 30 year old NeNe who averaged 14.8 pts 6-7 rbs 0.8 blks and some assists to lose out on two legit 20 ppts per game scorers, a good back up and a young prospect who is going to average double double in this league.

Possibly getting back an indifferent Gasol who would average 17-18 pts 9 rbs and 1.5 blocks.....on a 18 million contract.....

I think we lose out on contract level alone

19. RocketLady

RocketLady New Member

Lowry's arms are the size of Martin's torso.....

20. gah

gah Member

You mean 2nd rounders? That's what they would fetch at the moment. Kahn was rumored to be shopping Flynn pretty hard last deadline, I bet the best offer he got was Flynn + pick for nada. Him and Thabeet will not get you picks because of their sizable contracts. To trade Parsons you would most likely have to pay the other team to take him, in the way Jermaine Taylor was flipped to Orlando.

We're better off keeping this guys, or in other words we're simply stuck with them, hopefully they turn heads with their play in the court and the story changes. I guess the major thing keeping me sane with this team is that almost all of our players have reasonable upside, somebody has to breakthrough for us. Can't wait for the season opener.

1 person likes this.