1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Medal Of Honor Or Black Ops Or Both?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hilltopper, Oct 11, 2010.

1. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Gonna be addicted to Black Ops like crack.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I've played plenty of Beta FPS games...that i've loved at the time. Like Bad Company 2...MW...CODwow (beta was fun...actual game...not so much lol.)

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Uh...they've been around for a pretty good while. Maybe you mean history of making CoD games? Though even then, they've been involved in 4-5 of them. And I would agree with rhino17, most of their games haven't been very good. Spider-man 2 was pretty awesome, but then they pretty much took a large step backwards with the next one (and probably the rest of the Spider-man games, never played them since they didn't look great). And they made Quantum of Solace. That's bad.

Before the whole IW fiasco, they were basically one of the studios Activision would throw IPs at, though not really putting a large amount of effort into the development of said games (after all, that would take money, and quality of games isn't important). Kind of like how Raven went from a nice developer (working on some good new IPs) to now being a small team dedicated to making CoD maps.

To repeat myself from earlier, Activision sucks.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True, but the IF lawsuit has some truth to their version, I know Jason was talking with MS and EA while still under contract.

DD

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I was referring to CoD games. Wasnt counting games like NHL2K.

If theyve been involved in 4-5 CoD games then that just backs my stance...not the stance that "everything they touch sucks".

6. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Machinima has put out some videos over night. Here's some multi player action:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-92TtEkQbw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-92TtEkQbw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f4W9SsEVPbw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f4W9SsEVPbw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Infinity Ward did MW2... did you not like that game?

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I think the general consensus is that game sucked beyond belief.

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

It received the same score on metacritic as MW1.

Not sure I've ever heard anyone bash MW2.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    This post has blown my mind. I will respond shortly.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I am judging them based on the cod games they have made which have all been terrible. Infinity Ward and treyarch have got back and forth creating the cod series. Iw has made classics while treyarch has made nothing but crap. Cod3 is one of the worst games of all time

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If that were true, it would not be the most popular online game ever. The game hardly sucked. It had an amazing campaign, great coop, but ended up doing too much onrline. I applaud them for pushing the envelope, it just didn't work out. The biggest problem I had was the amount of cheating

13. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

IGN.com is killing MoH in the review. might want to stay clear of that

14. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I haven't played MW2, so I can't comment.

All I know is that it seemed to do fairly well for itself.

If you have any specific gripes, I'd be interested to hear them.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

When Black Ops becomes one of the biggest multiplayer games ever, will you give that credit to treyarch? There is absolutely no doubt that Black Ops will be right up there with MW2 as far as popularity is concerned...I've never seen so many people want to jump ship from one game to another.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What improvements have they made? There are still toobs, still killstreaks, and still every noob friendly aspect. Not to mention cheating will still be common. And I don't know Anyone switching over. Everyone I know who has played cod from the beginning is not considering this game. It is people who are not familiar with treyarch who are happy about this one.

And really, the ONLY problems with mw2 are the explosives and cheating. It is a world class game besides that. The cheating is just out if hand. I was playing ground war yesterday and the other team had 2 chopper gunners and 5 Harriers up at the same time

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I really haven't played MW2 that much in the past 2-3 months. Will people still be playing it when both these games drop?

18. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

People still play COD4.

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

i play it religiously

20. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Activision sucks even if you ignore all the IW stuff. That was just more of the same IMO.

And even if Jason was talking with MS/EA, you have to wonder how bad Activision was treating the developer of their best-selling game if they thought the grass might be greenier at MS or EA. I mean...EA?! Seriously?

(yeah, I'm sure it is a bit more complicated, but Activision still sucks).

Newsflash:

Not every CoD game is good. Some, do indeed, suck. Including many by Treyarch.

In comparison, NHL2K was actually pretty good from what I understand.

To sum up: along with making CoD Big Red One, CoD3, and that CoD Wii game (all pretty poor IIRC), they made Quantum of Solace. AND Minority Report: Everybody Runs (apparently dubbed the worst PS2 game ever at one point I believe). AND Spider-man 3. AND Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. AND QUANTUM OF SOLACE!

All that said, I don't doubt that they could perhaps match or surpass IW's previous CoD entries*, now that Activision is fully behind them (more resources, time, etc. than Treyarch has probably ever had). Well, until Activision realizes that they can just have TOSE make CoD games, and it will still sell millions.

*(keep in mind that I don't think it would take very much to do this)

Maybe both of these statements are correct? ;)

People have been ignoring Treyarch CoD games for a while. Not really new or unusual, although maybe a bit bigger deal now given how Activision treated Infinity Ward. So might have some people just trying to jump ship from Activision altogether...hopefully.

(I blame my bitterness in my post on Activision. Activision sucks.)