1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Medal Of Honor Or Black Ops Or Both?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hilltopper, Oct 11, 2010.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Xjaws might be one of the best players out there...his games are beast...posted a 92-4 domination game. Unreal.

2. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

I didn't even think that was possible.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Played late last night and the patch definitely helped the sound. I wear headphones so I was able to hear enemy footsteps for the first time since the game came out. Needless to say I was pretty amped about it. I played approximately 14 matches and went negative only once. Treyarch has been good with patching problems. Very encouraging so far.

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

I can completely relate with you. I was a complete noob to FPS games until recently. MW2 was the first FPS I ever played online and I didn't buy it until May after several of my neighbors would constantly stand outside and yap about how much fun they were having. I learned the hard way that campaign and multiplayer have little in common. The learning curve was steep. By then, it seemed like everybody was an expert at it since the game had been out for quite some time.

After my first two months of gaming, I had a beyond embarrassing kill death ratio of .57. By the third month, I was a ridiculous 6,000 deaths in the hole before I began to realize how to play. May and June I was terrible, July was better, but going 10 and 12 is still negative. By August I started to have the occassional good game and could at least go even frequently. In my case, it took me a good 4 months after starting from scratch and playing a lot before I started to consistently go positive, get high killstreaks, get regularly invited to parties, and get the occassional hate message from other disgruntled players. :grin:

Then my goal was to get my K/D up to 1.0 before Black Ops came out. Once I figured it out, I was able to make up those deaths for the most part. I'm only a couple hundred short of even, but mostly because I opened up another account and put in a bunch of hours on it just to get a better idea of what my K/D really was, as making up 6,000 deaths isn't easy to do, and it was 1.36. I only play TDM and rush every game. My primary setup is MP5K/Spas equipped with Marathon, Stopping Power, and Ninja. Could be higher if I camped with scavenger, claymores, and and ACR or Scar, but I got bored when I used to play like that although I'd get my higher killstreaks more frequently.

1. Learn the maps...know where people like to camp...know where your cover is...hot/cold spots, etc.
    2. Watch the killcams to see what the better players are doing to you
    3. Learn which guns and perks work best for you...some of my favorite guns (MP5K and TAR) aren't as popular as the others.
    4. Focus on aiming better
    5. Adjust your sensitivity to something you feel comfortable with.
    6. I use the tactical button layout instead of default, but some people prefer default.
    7. Play as much as you can. Nothing beats experience.
    8. Come to grips with the fact that you will suck at first and just play.
    9. I found Free for All was a good place to practice because going 3-16 only hurts you and not a team. Black Ops has combat training though.

5. Hak34

Hak34 Member

I can't fathom why so many people think that this game, as it stands right now is one of the better cod games.

1. The frame rate issue/lag is just horrible. I hear it almost every single map from other players.

2. The 8 million times ill shoot someone in the face just to get killed.

3. Invisible claymores. I understand its more realistic but it forces you to have to use hacker.

4. The connection problems. Games that freeze, can't get into games with friends, Mic's that don't show up. Takes forever for my rank to come up just to be able to join a game.

5. How many bullets an enemy can take before dying sometimes.

Game is way to glitchy, and problematic for it to be elite. It may be more balanced, but it just has too many issues. Is rank this behind both MW and Mw2 at this moment. Right now its the shiny new toy, but I hope treyarch gets a lot of these bugs fixed. With the iTch today, I've still not been able to join games, had teammates fall off once join games, still hear people talking with no Mic indicator, had two game freezes.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I just went 35-0 on Firing Range. That was amazing. :grin:

7. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Corner humping suites you? Lol

8. rezdawg

1. Only time Ive noticed framerate issues has been when the B52 rolls in and there are like 4-5 people on my screen...definite framerate...but any lag issues have, for the most part, been significantly improved from the patch.

2. The only time I shoot enemies more than I feel like I need to is in the few instances where Ive had a 2 bar connection. It takes about 3-5 bullets to kill someone, depending on where you are shooting them. Feels like youre shooting a ton because youre used to MW2, where it was a 2-3 hit kill with most guns.

3. Thats a good thing. Makes the hacker perk useful.

4. The patch completely helped in this area. Ive had zero issues since the patch. Previously, it was bad. I was in a party with 3 others and we had no problems getting in and out of games. The two nights the patch has been out, things have definitely improved dramatically.

5. Same complaint as number 2.

Ive added 1 more complaint to my RC car complaint...and thats the knifing. Sometimes I feel like Im getting a commando lunge thrown at my face. I heard Treyarch is going to look into it...thank god.

9. Hak34

Hak34 Member

I almost.always have 4 bar connection. I check for packet loss in my connection and have none. The last three games I've just played someone has lost a person in their party unexplained. The patch has not fixed the problems.

10. rezdawg

Which system? I know youve mentioned PS3 and 360 in the past....Ive been playing the 360 the last couple nights and have run into zero problems with parties...whereas playing with 2 or more people was a pain in my ass before the patch came out.

Not sure if anyone else is in your boat or mine.

11. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Ps3. When I played on x I experienced almost no lag problems. Just typical type stuff.

12. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

The beauty of Black Ops is using the theater mode to go back and watch your games from the third camera angle to do this.

13. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

I'm having a strange issue with the single player campaign...whenever what I'm assuming is the final scene finishes, the screen goes blank and just sits there. My xbox isn't locked up because I can still get to the dashboard. There's no credits, no anything. I've looked around the internet to see if anyone else is having this same issue, but no luck.

Anyone else experience this?

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Is anyone else getting constant connection errors?

I've had about 5 'Connection was lost' notices tonight. Bull****.

15. rezdawg

Ive had that a couple times...but thats due to my internet crapping out.

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Has anyone else been playing the campaign? I've been playing it for about an hour a day over the last week and wow talk about dropping the f bomb!

It seems like every few sentences they would say the f bomb.. I mean I know it's rated M for mature, but come on.. They use it wayyy too much.

17. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

This guy seems to be enjoying the campaign:
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RULv6HbgEjY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RULv6HbgEjY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    (Yeah, just the first level(s) and a few other games do this too, but still pretty bad)

18. rezdawg

Is that possible on the console versions? I should maybe check that out later.

19. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I know it's far more balance....and MW2 go on my ****ing nerves....but I think I had more fun playing MW2 over Black ops.

20. rezdawg

I think thats because MW2 and World at War were so different as far as weapons, era, etc... that MW2 felt more fresh. Playing Black Ops is just like playing a better version of MW2, so the thrill of the transition from WaW to MW2 was greater than MW2 to Black Ops.

Having said that, I cant imagine touching MW2 again. That multiplayer is terrible to me now.