1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Medal Of Honor Or Black Ops Or Both?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hilltopper, Oct 11, 2010.

1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Losing a gun battle while building a killstreak to a guy with painkiller that you would would have won if the guy didn't have painkiller is annoying.

2. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

the shotgun set up is pretty good in BO. You really need slight of hand with them though especially the olympia.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Do the shotguns still have a ridiculous amount of range? Always thought that was a negative in MW2.

4. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its kinda easy on the Gun Range level...most people camp out in the white trailer, the building with garage on lower level, and right there where you run through the storage container.....I just ran in a circle and killed same guys over n over....so funny..laying claymore behind the desk is so much fun...keeps them from window camping

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Not as much as before...however, since it is now a primary, they should have had the same impact they did in MW2.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

They have decent range, but their power as been nerfed to hell. SPAS now has Ranger-esque range and damage is pretty bad.

Olympia is pretty much the Rangers with better range.

Stakeout is absolute trash.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I can't believe people actually think shotguns have too much range in COD. They unrealistically have no range. They were moved to a secondary weapon for a reason, because no one could be good with them in COD4.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I forgot to mention, the part of the shotguns that should be removed is the akimbo part of it. In fact, all akimbo weapons should be removed imo.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

C'mon man...he only has it for a few seconds after spawning to prevent spawn killing. What do you think is more annoying? Having a killstreak stopped b/c of painkiller or being killed multiple times in a row to have a deathstreak AND still getting spawn killed.

10. Lil Pun

Favorite maps so far?

I know hamza hates it but I like Nuketown.

I also like Firing Range and Launch.

I don't like either of the snow levels.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I love Nuketown, probably my favorite. I absolutely hate summit. Too many campers.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I could see that being annoying, especially if you weren't the one who killed him those previous 3-4 times.

13. Lil Pun

BTW, if you prestige do you lose absolutely everything, including your points/money to buy new stuff?

14. rezdawg

I didnt like Nuketown at first, but I definitely look forward to it now...good map for the AK74u.

The snow levels are probably my least favorite. Both of them. Also do not like Cracked.

At the top of my list are: Firing Range, WMD, Nuketown, Jungle, and Grid.

All others are okay.

Lil Pun, Im pretty sure you lose everything after you prestige. Basically, starting from scratch. Im at level 50, but I dont think I want to prestige. There doesnt seem to be much incentive at all (at least that Im aware of)...the gold camo might be fun for a minute...but thats at 14th prestige, so no thanks.

Anyone know what incentives there are to prestige?

15. rezdawg

Patch update...word is that its getting released on Friday. Lots of little things being fixed. Very nice response effort by Treyarch...their involvement with the community has been excellent.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W4Zos0g3LBw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W4Zos0g3LBw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

#455 rezdawg, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  16. EssTooKayTD

Another class slot? Doesn't seem very worth it to me. Then again, there wasn't much incentive to prestige before either.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Painkiller lasts longer than a few seconds. All the tac knivers use it, and that's no fun.

18. Lil Pun

What is a tac kniver?

19. EssTooKayTD

Right, 10 seconds. From when they spawn to where ever they run in 10 seconds. They take 3 times as much damage. If they are knifing, you can also knife them for a "1 shot kill."

I'm just saying, realize what you are complaining about. These people have to die 3 times in a row, without a single kill of their own to even get painkillers. If you shoot a Painkiller person, and see the pill pop up, you COULD just drop back into cover and wait it out. If they rush you, stun/flash them, and then knife.

REALLY who is having less fun here? If I got killed 3 times without a kill myself, and was basically being spawn camped...I'd think I'm not having too much fun.

20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

It's not a big deal, but I am glad death streaks are not in CODBO.