1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Medal Of Honor Or Black Ops Or Both?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hilltopper, Oct 11, 2010.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I just played about a half hour of MW2 and it is unbelievable how much people b**** in this game. The only things I really consider as p***y tactics are noob tubes and spawn camping (I mostly play search and destroy, this is a big problem). Literally, any gun or perk I had on, people were b****ing about it. I started asking them which gun I should use then and they had no answer. If someone was killed with a shot fired from the hip, they were a "steady aim b****," if there was a throwing knife kill, they were a "throwing knife p***y," and if they did not quick scope with a sniper, they were a "hard scoping ***," just absurd stuff. The entire match quit after I used an ACR and then a UMP in 2 consecutive rounds and racked up 8 kills.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Thats the problem when the majority of COD players are 13 and under...annoying brats.

3. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

PS3 servers just went down, I'm praying they are finally putting a patch in. I'm tired of seeing "Disconnected due to transmission error" 8 times (no joke) in between EACH match.

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

They sucked in MW2 huh?

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I could not shake them in those short mission games.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Zombies is so fun. I can only get to around round 16 or so. After you get pack a punch it's pretty much all about survival, but man those rounds get hard...

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

tactical knife always worked well in the missions for me when dealing with dogs.

8. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I forgot about them being in Spec Ops and tried to pull a fast one on you.

.....well played.

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Glad you can go into matchmaking in Black Ops in party chat. Still don't understand why they didn't allow that in MW2.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That was a good thing for a couple reasons, allowing that is a very bad thing imo. The problem lies in objective based game play.

1) In a game like Search and Destroy, once you die, you cannot talk to your teammates because you would be able to point out where the enemy was, and watch their back while watching them play. It was a pretty big problem before.

2) Friends would be in party chat but play on opposing teams, they would coordinate and play together. They would **** around while everyone else was trying to play or one guy would **** over his teammates and give their positions away to the other team.

11. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Not stacking the killstreak kills towards your next killstreak is a bad idea. IT really takes the sense of accomplishment out of what you are doing.

The remote cars are dumb in the fact that they are everywhere. I never want to use them either because I am just sitting there and why risk getting capped standing there when it is not going to add to my killstreak?

12. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Hey,

No I actually consider the things you mentioned part of the flaws of MW2. My K:D is lower in BO so far, but I know that's just from learning the maps, getting a weapon I'm comfortable with, and just in general learning the game. I used to get accused of cheating in MW2 on a per game basis, not daily, per game. And for the first time in BO, I got banned from a server for what they thought was cheating again. I'm not that good, I really am not, just better than average I suppose.

Gameplay wise, I like what BO has done. SMGs aren't good at range, shotguns as a primary, things of that sort. Sniping only really exists on a couple of maps I've seen, so I consider that kind of a downer. I still don't like akimbo style wielding. I detest the sounds of BO vs MW. In all honesty, the BO gunshots sound pretty realistic I suppose. Very cap gun like, but if you've been to a shooting range, it kinda sounds like that depending on what guns are there.

I have to get used to the whole proning deal. Well, more specifically, the running and diving deal. I don't like it now, but I'm sure it's a good way to play. I mean it makes sense if I were in that situation, I'd want to dive down too. Just too used to the run and gun style I played in MW2 where quickness with aim was more important so you could move to the next target, so I see it as slowing down if I have to dive down, maintain target, and then get up. I'm still too long, haha. Just a play style.

I don't like how you can shoot from the hip so easily either. In MW2 I found it was best to aim down the sights. It's not promoted in BO it seems.

To me, both games are very good. The only reason I liked MW2 better was, 1. I like more modern weapons, 2. I like the sounds better, and 3 I felt like the leveling aspect was more addicting in MW2 than BO.

So it's close, I just give the edge to MW2. My reasons for liking MW2 better, won't change with being more familiar with BO, the weapons, sound, and leveling style won't change.

Again, both really good games though.

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Yeah, I just always got tired of having to mute each individual player in the lobby. 90% of the players producing audio in the game chat produce noise more than valued chat.

14. PASTORofMUPPETS

Got the game and after reaching rank 40 on MP it's already losing its appeal to me. Switched back over to NBA2k11 last night followed by BC2. Just wanted a change but as soon as everyone on my FL saw me playing BC2 they jumped on with me and basically said the same.

Anyone else feeling this way? :confused:

MW1 didn't lose its appeal for a long time and the same with BC2.

15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Getting to 11 kills in a row is extremely difficult without camping.

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

One time I got a complaint about a guy because I was using a TAR. A freaking TAR. No attachment no nothing. LMAO. I dumbfounded. What do you want me to do beat you to death with no weapons to make you happy?

17. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

The funniest complaint I've heard is, "freaking painkillers."

wait...so you are complaining about a player who has died so much they have a deathstreak to allow them to lessen the damage to them for 10 seconds (?) after they spawn. That's it...10 seconds..AFTER spawning only b/c they have died like at least 3 times in a row (forget how many to get deathstreak).

Who should be complaining here? The person who is apparently being spawn camped and killed so many times in a row or the baby who just loves to complain. I mean do people listen to themselves?

18. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Dude . . .

19. ths balla

ths balla Member

whats with the inabitlity to customize local multiplayer not cool

20. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

psn: iamREALLYhigh

it's my friend's account. please add me, i'm lonely