1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Medal Of Honor Or Black Ops Or Both?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hilltopper, Oct 11, 2010.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm sure he meant Gears of War 3, which is the game I am most anticipating for the forseeable future.

I think people had gotten sick of the wwII genre by that point. Not to mention it came out after COD 4 which set the bar incredibly high. Cod 4 is the greatest fps ever imo

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

August 24th

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

New Black Ops trailer getting revealed during the football game tonight.

That game will be unreal...at least multiplayer-wise.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That definitely is not a sure thing. If it is, it will be the first time Treyarch ever made a worth while online game.

5. rezdawg

Theyve been working on the multiplayer aspect of this game for 2 years now...even before they thought about the campaign. There is no doubt that it will at least be better than MW2 multiplayer.

Ive followed it for a year now...there is very little that concerns me about the game. Pretty much all signs point towards "awesome".

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Maybe you are not familiar with Treyarch, but they have never made anything but crap. It doesn't look very different to me (still noobtubes, still absurd killstreaks) and they always make terrible maps. The only aspect that looks cool to me is the customization. There is no way I am getting it, their previous stuff has turned be off too much.

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I prefer playing HD games (720p minimum). :p

Actually not sure what either game runs at, but MW2 was sub-HD and I think I read an early MoH demo was sub-HD. Doesn't really matter, but just rubbing it in.

I won't play either because they're both pretty generic and not what I'm looking for in a FPS. Looking for something a bit more innovative and complex. Maybe Resistance 3, though I don't really fully trust Insomniac after R2. Otherwise, will wait for...some new FPS. Maybe Rage or Deus Ex 3. Or maybe even Duke Nukem Forever. Should be good for laughs. Need to play Amnesia, which is also different, but not really a FPS I guess. More of a First-Person-Holy-Crap-That's-Disturbing game. But that's going off-topic.

Activision sucks. EA kind of sucks too, although I'm OK with some of their branches. Yes, I'm pretty much trolling. :eek:

8. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Just messing with him. Though GoW = God of War, Gears of War = Gears.

9. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Anyone know if gran turismo 5 will be similar in game play to gran turismo 5 prologue? I played grand turismo 5 prologue and it sucked, I usually like realistic racing games.

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I don't know what you didn't like about it, but I'm sure it will follow some of the philosophies from past GT games (including Prologue). They did scrap/redo some things, and of course the game has loads more content. But the core might be the same. Though I think they might have some sort of "arcade" style gameplay that is less realistic...though GT Arcade is still probably a simulation compared to most games.

I'm not really big into GT (didn't even play GT Prologue or pay much attention to it), so you might want to keep that in mind. Just going off of random things I've read.

1 person likes this.
  11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

MOH online playing sucked. At least in the beta it did.

Single player might be interesting.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Seems like the only games I get hooked on are made by Valve. TF2 is pretty much all that I play these days. I always by the Battlefield and MW games and get sick of them after a few weeks. Wish that something would come along to change that.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Online play was made by the people that make the battlefield series, so I bet it was robotic and clunky. The campaign looks interesting, but online looks like crap

14. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Whaaa? You don't want to be an American fighting the Taliban..err...I mean Opposing Force. :rolleyes: Getting it from GameFly so see how it plays.

15. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Yup! ..Gotta Love Nazi Zombies.. Which is rumored to come back for "Black Ops"

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If infinity ward didn't develop it, I'm not interested.

17. rezdawg

Its not like Treyarch has much of a history.

World at War was a game that many people liked...but it wasnt as appealing because we went from Modern Warfare back to the played out WWII era. Thats mostly why the game wasnt successful. There may be other, smaller, reasons...but the WWII stuff was the main reason it wasnt as wildly popular. I know many people who enjoyed the multiplayer of that game.

You're judging them based on such a small sample size...and ignoring the fact that theyve put more time into this than any of the other games.

And if anyone saw the trailer tonight, the story looks sick. Graphics dont look as good as MW2...but if the gameplay and story are solid, then Im good.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

At this point I will play anything that is better than MW2. I am FPS deprived....

19. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

What did you expect it's a beta not a demo ..lol . Beta games are used to find glitches or anything that's wrong with the game. So developers can work or make changes.
    Demos are a preview of the final product.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That's what I thought before I played MW2...