1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MDA Gettin in on the Hate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AusEaglez, Jul 18, 2013.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I can't freakin wait to play them!! I'm so sick of the entitlement, the arrogance, the stupidity, and any other adjective you could use to describe these spoiled brats!

He says McHale let the guards run things last year, yeah he's right. Because we didnt have freaking Dwight Howard on the team. What is he thinking? That McHale is gonna use Howard the same way he used Asik??

The last few weeks since he picked Houston, LA people have been as pathetic as I've ever seen! It's not just these comments, it's that Chris Palmer idiot tweeting stuff that makes ZERO sense! It's EVERYONE saying he couldn't handle LA, when in reality he simply couldn't win in LA due to a stubborn coach and an egomaniac star whose career is gonna end in shame because no other star wants to play with him! It's how there have been more ESPN segments on "where the lakers go from here" than there have been for a team that could possibly be in the finals next year! I'm sick of hearing how Metta World Peace has supposedly made the Knicks title contenders, but Howard supposedly only makes us a 4/5 seed.

I know this bias isn't anything new, but it's been magnified lately. And just because its not new doesn't mean I can't get pissed about it lol! I just can't wait to watch us beat the hell out of them!

2. MONON

MONON Member

Agreed! When I saw the author was Kelly Dwyer, an infrequent poster here, I thought it was strange that he would write a negative article about Dwight coming to Houston. Then I realized he was writing a slight rebuttal to what MDA said.

Great article by the way!

3. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

He wanted his teammates to do more quick release drills. He knows the team will not win a ring last year so why not.

4. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't get comments like this. In Basketball there are adjustments and the Rockets already know what kind of player Harden is and what kind of player Howard is so why wouldn't they adjust? Harden will be the primary ball handler because he is a superstar, but he is no Kobe Bryant meaning he is not a ball hoag and he is also a very efficient player. The Rockets plan on running the pick and roll with Howard and Harden this has already been discussed. Ofcourse Howard will get his touches but Harden will be primary ball handler because he commands double teams and can break down defenses, why wouldn't you use that in order to get the ball to an open Howard, which btw should be a scary thought for opposing teams.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

The front office wanted Parsons to play overseas but Parsosn said McHale told him to keep on sticking around and a roster spot would open up.

Second round picks like like Parsons can get "stuck" in a European career if they don't get the recognition over there.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I won't let you hurt me Dwight! I'm too strong for you! Loser!

[​IMG]

8. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Well said.

9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

McHale doesn't ask his center to shoot threes. Huge difference for a guy like Dwight. We use stretch 4s, D'Antoni uses stretch 5s.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Houston actually had and has the personnel to run the "D'Antoni offense" more than Mike's own team did. Houston's roster is young and hopefully healthy. It has capable 3 point shooters and athletic runners. It isn't playing with two centers.

Dwight might have been more receptive to D'Antoni's offense had he been had the 2005-06 Phoenix Suns around him. Just wasn't working and keeping guys happy with the 2012-13 Lakers. Remember Dwight wasn't the only one unhappy. Pau Gasol was pouting, too.

11. Zfan

Zfan Member

Don't forget the comment of D'Antoni on Chuck hayes' D on Amare. This coach is no class. Its a waste of time listening to him.

12. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

It was disgusting how he used Pau Gasol last season.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The Lakers have been struggling for years trying to make a PF out of one of the 5 best centers in the league. It has totally sucked for Pau.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

This is exactly why the Lakers will never go anywhere with D'Antoni as coach.

McHale ran that system because he had zero post up players. MDA ran that system despite having two of the best post up players in the league.

He's an idiot.

15. kumakun

kumakun Member

anyone notice "Luis Scola" as one of the tags to this thread?

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As was Kobe. He also thought Pau was misused.

17. liveguy

liveguy Member

I doubt it....

Harden had the ball a lot because he pretty much HAD to, last year.

Hardens personality will mesh well with Howard's and as long as Howard gets the ball in the post from time to time, plus the alley oop cheap baskets and is involved in the pick and roll, he'll get his 20+ pts, 10+ rebs per game and be just fine.

Kobe =/= Harden by ANY stretch.

Keep in mind....Harden was completely happy with coming off the bench in OKC and still got his and didnt complain, so his ego planet sized vs. Kobe's UNIVERSE sized ego.

Dwight and Harden will get along just fine.

You want the drama, move to LA.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

MDA shouldn't talk, the way he managed the team that featuring Kobe, nash, pau, and dwight is embarrassing... he just couldn't figure out how to manage his players...

That team was an embarrassment that MDA was overmatched to handle; no one, other than His Zenness, could.

If the Lakes had never involved PJax in the offer of Brown's replacement process, and so very publicly, MDA might, repeat might, have had a chance.

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Why should I listen to a coach who had Gasol and Howard and couldn't make it work and decided that the best option was putting Gasol on the bench.

MDA doesn't understand how to use post players at all. If you have 2 dominant post players you dumb everything inside and let them create for others, you do not use them solely for rebounding Kobe's misses.

He really does not understand that as a coach you have to adapt your style to the strengths of the players. Mchale has shown he does that, MDA just tries to force his players to adapt to his style, even though it does not play to the strength of the players.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I still dont understand what the Lakers were thinking when they went ahead and got this clown for a coach. He is a one trick pony.

They could have brought Phil back and they went ahead and signed this guy, knowing full well that his style of coaching is not conducive to the post players they had on their team, ESPECIALLY when they were in danger of losing the main one to free agency!

What a stupendous FAIL job by the Lakers.