1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McNamara, Senior at Syracuse, Any chance of drafting him?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch City1993, Mar 12, 2006.

Tags:
  1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

It would certainly appear that college 3PT percentages are generally pretty good indicators of how well a player will shoot at the NBA level. Since someone mentioned Steve Kerr earlier in the thread, I'll post his, and several other great shooters' college 3PT percentages (I couldn't find Tim Legler's):

Personally, I think looking at a player's college 3PT shooting percentages is a good way to project how well they'll shoot at the NBA level. I'm not overly impressed by the fact that guys like Reddick and McNamara have horrific shot selection, bringing down their shooting percentages. There's no telling whether someone who doesn't have a complementary player's mentality will be able to succeed in that role.

#21 dharocks, Mar 12, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  2. Driven

Driven Member

I'm saying this as a Syracuse fan who has watched every single Syracuse game this season...

Gerry McNamara is not a good shooter. He is not a good decision maker. He does not have good athletic ability. He is not a good defender.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

McNamara is going to fall back into the overrated category after A&M dominates him and Syracuse!

4. Driven

Driven Member

Except that's not going to happen, but whatever.

5. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

and none of the guys who shot 35% or lower were drafted (or are in the nba) just for their shooting, they brought more to the table. basically, none of them were 6-1 combo guards who can't do anything other than throw up shots.

exactly. there is nothing wrong with looking at a players 3PT shooting percentages in college where the line is much closer, ridiculously close. the spot on the court where t-mac does that insane step-back 360 that always seems to go in is about where the college line is.

6. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Don't you look like Einstein! ROLMFAO :p

7. Driven

Driven Member

Well maybe if McNamara wouldn't have broken down emotionally and actually played.

I'm so pissed off at him right now it's unreal. I'm so glad his tenure is done in Syracuse.