1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale's impact on Twill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yonizzel, Jun 22, 2011.

1. gtb

gtb Member

please everyone ... remember that t-will is a willing passer ... that speaks volumns

2. inishi

inishi Member

twill sure did dominate in new jersey............................. Idiot. Twill has potential, more than budinger. Not a better player right now. He's a turnover prone ball stopper that can't ****ing shoot.

But he's ****ing awesome in 2k11. Can dunk and ****. Has some pretty handles. Still can't shoot and the majority of clutchfans are still ****ing borderline downsyndrome r****ds. Pretty sure ra played rookies also ( in answer to OP ). Honestly dont know what the obsession with twill is. Its like all f you got a big whiff of his nut musk when he came off the court after his 4 minutes of play time. and ever since that beautiful moment, you have thought of nothing besides shoving his dong as far down your throat as humanly possible. Can't really blame you, its probably fine specimen. He still can't shoot. Or be effective in an nba offense.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The biggest overcommitment blunder a team can make is to sign a knucklehead to a long-term big-money contract. The second biggest overcommitment blunder a team can make is to put a knucklehead in the starting line-up. That's what you're asking for.

Budinger is the weak-link in the starting 5, but that doesn't make T-Will the better option. Budinger plays within himself and within the system. T-Will breaks the system. If you want a single bloody reason why Budinger is better than him, it's that -- Budinger runs the system, and T-Will trashes it. This is why guys like Matt Bullard have long careers and guys like Cato have short ones. Smart play is more important than athleticism. I'd rather trot out Budinger for 48 minutes than put T-Will in. If he can change his spots in practice, then I'll change my mind.

1 person likes this.
  4. inishi

inishi Member

Oh, no offense to anyone that actually likes penis in their mouth....have to be politically correct here. K I'm done, gonna go punch some helpless ****ing puppies in the face.

5. conquistador#11

Mchale is a hall of famer. Rick isn't so he was never able to reach Williams. Obviously, now, williams will play at a hall of fame level! =/

6. Garner

Garner Member

where did squid come from?

7. inishi

inishi Member

the ocean stupid

1 person likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OK fine. Jermaine didn't get PT, but RA is not the only coach who decided that. So what is your point if he next team benches him, too? Same with Dorsey and Temple. Taylor is no different than them.

Your rules are arbitrary too.

To say Landry, Brooks and Patterson all got snubbed is bs. That wasn't your criteria. You are changing your rules because you know for a fact I proved you wrong. You said RA doesn't play rookies. Landry, Brooks and Patterson clearly got played. You can't be a backseat QB and say they would have done that on Day One. What is the point? RA developed them into key players in the rookie year. Same with Budinger.

IF your criteria is to say throw the rookies out there and Day One and let's see what they can do is BS. You have to develop some of them over the first few months. And PFs often need longer time. But you measure the end result.

9. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Odds T will becomes a productive starter for our team? I'd start at 20:1 and that's simply bc we have a new coach

10. inishi

inishi Member

He's already had a couple of coaches. Still hasn't been a productive starter

11. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Ish got run off and on as well.

12. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

You didn't read my post as intended. I am saying people have given up on him too fast. He has dominated the DL, he has played borderline all-star level play for a full month (that's different than one or two games) as a rookie. Unfortunately, his confidence and world got rocked with a lot of turmoil and yes he could have handled it better. But when people act like it is a given he can't hack it in the league than they are straight up wrong...and borderline ignorant to just ignore spans of his rookie season. And the whole un-coachable thing has only reared it's head with two coaches. Avery Johnson (who almost destroyed a stable Mavs team with his demands) and Rick Adelman (who only is willing to bring along a player if it suits his style and his needs at that very moment).

13. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

People started calling for T-Will to enter the games and someone posted "RELEASE THE KRAKEN" and a picture from the movie. Unfortunately, someone else commented he was basically no more than a squid and everyone else has got such a hard-on over a mildly humorous nickname at best, that it has stuck. It's like when you are watching kids play and you hear one kid say something completely inane, yet somewhat relevant and for one reason or another every other damn kid just starts yelling it at everything remotely comparable, incessantly.

That's where it came from.

1 person likes this.
  14. inishi

inishi Member

Dude, what don't you get. That last part of your post is ridiculous. No **** he's only willing bring along a player who fits his style. What the **** do you expect. That's any coach in the NBA. UNLESS ITA ****ING KOBE BRYANT. Or lebro. Hell, even Tracy or Yao at their peaks. Ra molded his style to fit them. Then he lost them. And molded his style, which is one of the most effective ****ing styles in the league, to the players he has.

Problem is, twill plays like he's Kobe. And hes not. Bad decision making. Can't shoot. Dominates the ball. Get over it dude. Twill has the potential, but that doesn't mean you focus a system on him. No coach, any decent coach, will play a player that doesn't fit or that hurts the teams effectiveness, which is what twill does if he plays outside of their system.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can't tell if you are agreeing with me or saying RA didn't play Ish.

16. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Man, you really had your butt rammed my by post huh? I'm sorry, next time I'll serve up my opinion with a little lubrication so we can avoid this uncomfortable moment.

17. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

lol same here. lets take tip jar bets on who he is agreeing with.

18. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

You are the new KingStarbury03

19. Balakoth

Balakoth Member

not really man he pretty much just owned you cause your clearly...how do I put this...dumb! thats it! DUMB! like most ppl on clutchfans :)

20. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Yet no one has a clue who or what you are talking about because you have no idea how to use the "quote" system.

I love how ironic this post is.