1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale, this loss is on you...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T_Man, Jan 5, 2015.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

HP... In this stretch a couple of things have happened with Harden and it was very apparent in the 2nd half...

1) James is back to playing ole defense... It really showed in the 1st half..

2) In the beginning of the season Harden was looking to get his teammates involved more and now he's gone back to playing 1 on 5... In the 2nd half while Harden was on the bench, the Rockets out played the Bulls.

These guys have to step up play and play as a team on both ends of the court and the Coach has to step up and not coach from a script.

T_Man

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

He's the MVP of the season so far and this guy is telling Mchale to bench him at the end of the game. Are you f@cking kidding me?!??!?

I said this in the game thread but what the hell is some of y'all's fascination with finding a scapegoat for every single loss??? It's unreal.

3. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

McHale can demand better ball movement and defensive effort.

4. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

The bulls also played some insane basketball at the end game. Specially Rose and JB. That kinda you know... helped when you are playing insane like that.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Rockets got 62 points in the paint and they only had around 5 free throw attempts? The Bulls had around 30 free throws? That's where the game was lost. Never seen a lopsided game like that where the refs made such a lopsided negative impact via the free throw line

6. T_Man

DAMN.... I Can't believe i'm saying this... But I totally agree with you...

T_Man

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Well, the pass the ball and take high percentage shots.

Rockets do the exact opposite of that.

It's McHale.. He has no idea how to keep his team focused.

He's laissez-faire. Rockets reflect it.

1 person likes this.
  8. T_Man

No what I want him is to play smarter and harder...

Just because Howard comes back does not mean you can start back slipping on D and losing your assignments...

On Offense understand that when your game is off be a decoy and facilitate more... Be a total superstar and not just one that can score.

For some reason a lot of you feel that just because Harden scores so much he has no faults... Be a freaking leader and understand there's a time to score and a time to get your teammates involved, but there's never a time to not play defense.

T_Man

9. MattM

MattM Member

Exactly - 5 Ft vs 30. Incredibly lop-sided and McHale should have gotten a tech or tossed/fined for blowing up at the refs.

1 person likes this.
  10. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Wtf are you talking about?

DMo started the 3rd quarter going 8 points 4-5 FGs, 1 offensive reb & 1 assist before being subbed out at 5:36 in the 3rd.

DMo subbed back in at 8:15 in the 4th...went 1-3 on FGs both misses were from three. His one basket was in the post on Noah. Subbed out @ 2:22

At no point did Noah take DMo out of the game. Mcfail's gameplan took DMo out of the game. The dude is basically a guaranteed to get a good look on one on one post ups. I'll take my chances with that everyday. Besides harden DMo should be the offensive focal point.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It was definitely me that said that.

12. T_Man

Man you guys and your freaking stats....

There are more facets to a game besides a stupid box score... Stats don't tell the entire story....

You keep watching your box scores and have a good day.

T_Man

13. T_Man

Thanks SF3...

T_Man

14. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Says the guy that thinks DMo was taken out of the game by Noah and not Mcfail's gameplan

[​IMG]

15. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The rockets played at the end like they play everyone. It usually works. It didn't work against a superior Defense. It probably won't work in the playoffs against the spurs. Simple as that.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Smith and Motiejunas were fantastic tonight, aside from those threes, which IS ON MILKHAIR!!!

17. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

Trevor takes more ill advised shots than both hose guys combined not to mention turns the ball over and tries to be a ball handler

1 person likes this.
  18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

This a million times.

19. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Again, this team will need between 2 to 3 weeks to gel together. If we win during that time it is based on talents we have. Also I would rather we get in this slump early before the trade dead line so this way we can still make adjustments. They will come together but it seems to me that Mchale is sometimes confused with so much talents he has on the team yet he doesn't have a set rotation. Notice he inserted kpap back in the line up, still expermiting with line ups. He never had this much of talents to coach befor.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maybe McHale agree with those ref. He is usually a deer facing headlights during games.