1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale on why Dwight did not succeed in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by corrado, Oct 20, 2016.

1. HTM

HTM Member

Soft and unprofessional from Dwight.

There are tons of locker rooms around the world in every sport filled with different players who don't like certain other players on their team but they still go out and operate well together, play well together and take care of business like professionals should.

This, "Well he doesn't like me so we can't play together" whiny BS is for middle school girls. Professionals should be able to hate other dudes on the team but still play well and get it done.

Whata man child.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Makes more and more sense why he threw such a legendary 30th birthday party for himself, last year.

[​IMG]

Remlap likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dwight wants to be friends with everyone and he wants to be liked by everyone. It's damn strange. I'm not sure how bad the locker room was last year, but I don't think anyone on the Rockets team disliked him. I seriously think Dwight blew up the locker room because everyone wasn't BESTfriends. You can think someone is cool but not want to hangout outside of work.

This is Ariza's fault. Ariza is definitely not hanging out with Dwight out side of work.

4. hakeemthagreat

Stats don't tell the truth at times. Remember the Portland series?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ha! I've worked with people like that before. "We aren't close enough as a team." dafuq? I'm just here for the money. I have a family already. To hell with your after-work team building exercises.

ramotadab, Dgn1, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

For all the crap he get the dwight/harden was the most successful era in 20 years of this team. This has been a mediocre team for the past 2 decades.

ramotadab and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. DJ

DJ Member

The Barkley/Olajuwon era had the same, if not more, level of success.

8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Every team building event ever. Just show up and do your job. If you like your co-worker enough, you'll become friends anyway. No need to force it on company time.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Failure is a bit harsh considering the WCF two years ago.

ramotadab and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Much like commentators don't predict the score of the games they are about to announce, I don't think owners/part-owners who market themselves as experts should be allowed to comment on their current team/players. It's disingenuous, and a total conflict of interest. Does anybody really think someone like Grant Hill is going to bad-mouth the Hawks?? Negative press for the team LITERALLY affects his pocket book.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Some people are more social and perform better in a happy atmosphere. Dwight needs to socialize with his team, Harden thinks he's above his role players and needs big booty strippers, and Lawson needed booze. McHale didn't give his players what they needed to perform their best.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

And that was almost 20 years ago. That is my point. We got the WCF that is pretty good for the H&H Era.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Reminds me of me against the majority here . I don't get along with many people because I call the Bullshit when I see it. I'm here to win championships not to make online friends and coddle with failure.

FTW Rockets FTW and Haymitch like this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

McHale assumed Dwight was a grown ass man. That's where he went wrong.

The time Dwight wants to spend bonding with his teammates would probably be better spent bonding with his several children. Though getting them and the 6-7 baby mommas together at once might be difficult.

oakdogg likes this.
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Guess I was in a coma the year McHale played poorly in the playoffs against the Trailblazers.

macho GRANDE and ramotadab like this.
  16. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

These are supposed to be grown-ass men. What is all this talk about their "feelings"?

I blame millennials.

macho GRANDE and oakdogg like this.
  17. Solaris

Solaris Member

Its all Parson's fault. He should have been here to kiss DH's butt every second.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I know they've only played a handful of preseason games, but I didn't know I would enjoy this team SO much without Dwight on the team. Free flowing, everyone hustles, hitting free throws, the team just seams more close knit without his childish drama. SO glad that guy is no longer on the team and out of Houston.

ramotadab likes this.
  19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If you want to hear about the Rockets, dont bother with the Western Conference Open Court. One mention. Thats it.

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Never got a TRUE stretch 4 to play next to him, should've been done day one of signing. Threw whatever and ASIK to N.O to get Anderson here.