1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale Harden dispute on TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fair Dinkum, Apr 30, 2013.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

stfu, leave lin outta this for once fool

2. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

3. cavevato

cavevato Member

I stopped watching the Rocket games outside of some highlights after the 8th game with the BS comcrap situation like I said I would.(Not to mention how all the Lin fans made this crappy place) So I've hesitated stating my opinion on the team...but

Harden is a selfish player. From my vantage point is an EXTREMELY selfish player. He cares more about his success/image than he does about the team. The thing that made Harden so coveted when he was in OKC was his high basketball I.Q AND his talent.

Now he's a guy with his own team. I get that he has to learn his way in his new role as the man, but it's been 80 something games..... for him to keep playing the way he does can only mean that he is selfish. NO player with a high bball I.Q like he has would knowing play how he does unless they are selfish.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and he never had such a high bball I.Q., his play as a Rocket would certainly tell me so. If so, he is extremely overated and overpaid. Then he really fooled me in OKC. I think I remember him being called out for being selfish by Perkins. Everything I've seen of Harden as a Rocket tells me Perkin was right.

I kind of understand letting him off the leash some, since I'm sure the Rocket's didnt have high expectations for the season, but if I'm a player on the team, why the ***** would I want to play with Harden?

Combine all that selfishness with stupid foul call given in favor of Harden, he is overated. So overated.

And dont get me started on McHale. Overall with Comcast,McHale, Harden, Lin, and clutchfans taken down the tubes by fanboys, the 2012-2013 season has to be the crappiest ever. One bright thing I could see is Parsons. He's really improved from a player who struggled with his shooting to becoming a real threat.

4. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I agree.

5. Reach

Reach Member

Get your facts straight, buddy. When Lin makes a move its called TEAM BALL. When Harden does something it's called ISO. For someone who frequents the Garm you sure are ignorant of the terms we use around here.

1 person likes this.
  6. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Good observation! I've noticed that too!

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is it just me or does it sound kind of familiar?

"I'll play the way I'm gonna play."

[​IMG]

8. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Exactly, basketball is a probability game. Step back and contested jumpers with bad match up are not high percentage shots.

9. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

Not sure if true or not but I have noticed whenever Harden isos in crunch time it always results in a turnover/missed shot. However, he has succeeded in some occasions but the failures outweigh the success by a large margin.

10. tonguyen

tonguyen Rookie

The media

The media always like drama but they forgot this is Houston not LA.

11. DuDDleyDawsonII

Id be cool with LA and Iggy and upgrade starting point guard position

12. Nook

Nook Member

13. Nook

Nook Member

Hey "buddy", why dont you read what the OP said, calling for Lin to break from what the coaching staff instructed Lin to do, yet is critical of Harden for doing the same thing.

I notice you are a 2013......

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

LOL. Exactly. I think a lot of new posters here see things through colored glasses, so everything that happens only confirms their preconceptions.

15. DuDDleyDawsonII

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing new to see here. At this point especially after last game it should be obvious McHale "allows" Harden to do whatever he wants out there without any accountability. Harden has been off with his shot for a while and has no business being a ball hog out there because it's obviously hurting the team. The organization is probably going to let McHale come back for next season but I truly feel McHale may be on short leash from now on. If the coach can't command respect, especially from the best player on the team, that's the beginning of the end for that coach.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Our first legitimate superstar in Houston since the Yao/T-Mac era coupled with the youngest team in the NBA making the playoffs, and you're calling it a CRAPPY season? Harden is 23, and leading a team for the first time. There are going to be growing pains, as well some bumps and bruises along the way. Seriously, some of you either need to grow up and live life, or stop being basketball fans. This is an absolutely EXCITING TIME to be a Rockets fan, and you're too blind in your own hatred to even enjoy it.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Harden sounding a lot like T-mac with that bull**** about bringing the A game and everything will go smooth talk. It's like he's implying he can decide whether to bring it or not, like a on and off switch. T-mac was the same way, especially on defense. Harden feels he's excused from playing defense because he's already bringing enough on offense..

I really wonder though how those watching film sessions go. Do they all sit around and break down plays and everybody gets to say what went wrong and what went right, with McHale and other coaches as teachers with the right answer? If so, I would really love to be the fly on the wall when they're looking at those last three shots. I'm sure McHale is not as tough as he makes himself out to be, surely no McHale the player of the Celtics. Teammates probably scared to tell the the truth to the alpha male of the group..

Morey or Leslie should step in and end this nonsense.

Also can somebody post that gif of Harden goofing around during the timeout where McHale is talking inside the huddle? Guess that is what Harden was dreaming about during the time-outs when a play was discussed.

19. Habs

Habs Member

This guy speaks truth!!

Except for the "thought after Lebron and Durant he could be the next best thing" part. Don't know how you place Harden above Rondo or Rose. Especially Rondo - who comes around once every 10 years.

20. langal

langal Contributing Member

No it is not his team. I never liked that kind of thinking. A win is more important that who gets the personal glory. If the team wins - everyone gets the glory. IF (and I highly doubt this) - Harden has it in his mind that he has to take the last shot(s) no matter what because it if his team and he is "the man" - then he is not the guy to build around.

There is being involved in the last play and then there's Scottie Pippen sulking on the bench and refusing to go in because Phil designed a play for Kukoc. I suppose some would think that since Pippen was "the man" on that team - he should always be placed in hero position - regardless of whether or not it helps the team win or improve.

1 person likes this.