1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale finally plays 2 on 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, May 12, 2015.

1. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Indeed great adjustment, but why so late...if we had adjusted earlier, put in the effort earlier, I truly believe WE could've been and should've been up 3-2.

2. dlite316

dlite316 Member

yes, great adjustment. still remembered game 3 ariza on paul and terry on redick, redick just destroyed terry. mchale refused to switch ariza onto redick even after paul sat.
    redick crawford and barnes still got plenty open looks this game, they just missed.
    i m glad we came out with energy and won game 5 at home, but i m not sure we can beat clippers at LA because i felt clippers really took us lightly this game.
    Game 6 will be a MUST-WIN for clippers, lets see if this rox team can show up with energy and passion.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Game 1 really bit us in the ass. We game out lackluster and lifeless and paid the price. I feel like home court has, in general, been HUGE this series, which is why I don't feel so great about game 6... but at least now we have a glimmer of hope.

4. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Prepare for the Rockets to lose by 30 in G6. McHale needs to throw doubles at Griffin more and he hasn't been doing it enough. Can't stick to the status quo when it's not working if you want to go deep in the playoffs. Clippers definitely played this one relaxed and unless Harden goes completely beast in G6 I'm not optimistic.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

As good as we played, LAC missed a lot of the shots they have been making so far in this series.

Which is exactly what the Rockets have been doing this series. Missing wide open shots that we have been making at a much better rate throughout the year.

Let's hope the tables have turned and they go cold and we get hot.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

last night's game:

CP and BG: 22-39 56.4 fg% for 59 points

the role guys:

Rivers, Crawford, Barnes, Redick: 14-46 for 30.4 fg% for 36 points

Redick got loose at the end of the 2nd and early third where he did all his damage (and no coincidence the clippers made their surge)

but on top of the amazing defense in the fourth it was clear all the other guys just didnt know what to do or how to play they were tentative and hesitant because the flow of the offense was so heavily BG and CP only.

McHale needs to continue this - let BG and CP get their points no matter how well they're rolling becomes come fourth quarter you can put Dwight on BG to slow him down and then what? Hound CP with Ariza or Brewer and the other guys will shrink

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Combined 3pt stats of Redick, Barnes, Crawford, and Rivers:

Game 1: 13/27 3pt = 48.1% (LOST)
    Game 2: 4/22 3pt = 18.2% (WON)
    Game 3: 10/19 3pt = 52.6% (LOST)
    Game 4: 8/20 3pt = 40.0% (LOST)
    Game 5: 4/22 3pt = 18.2% (WON)
    Game 6: 5/24 3pt = 20.8% (WON)

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Great take. One of the big reasons the Rockets are still in this series is Crawford's poor shooting. He has always been a Rockets killer over the years. I feared him more than anyone on the Clippers.

9. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Indeed, I feared he would go for 20+ at least a few times and maybe even crack 30. He has cracked 20 ust once!!