1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady's Back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doctor Robert, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

"McGrady, who did not play in the win, is surprised at how good he feels."
    Jonathan Feigen
    Jimmy Kimmel Article

"The back is not responding."
    Bill Worrell
    Trailblazer Pre-game talk

Bill followed that up by saying Tracy may be returning to Houston. I assume he meant instead of going to San Antonio. I don't know if that meant he was feeling badly and couldn't accompany the team, or if he didn't mean anything.

Are there any other more specific reports on his back?

2. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I thought he just had a full practice yesterday and everything went well.

The only source I have is Bill and that is indeed what he said. I guess we won't be seeing Tmac anytime soon.

3. dookiester

dookiester Member

i cant take anything bill says too seriously anymore. i think he's getting a little senile. tonight, yao blocked a shot and bill goes 'i think battier blocked that.' then bullard goes 'actually i think that was yao.' and then later bill talks about rafer's 3 pt shooting, at 48%, but bullard points out he has mistaken his % with luther's. i think bill also said the clippers game was on friday.

4. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Wait... I forgot Worrell has gone senile this year. He just said about Rafer Alston, "That makes 48% from the 3 point line this year."

LOL.... Bullard corrected him, "Actually that's 37%."

(Sorry dookiester... I didn't read your response first)

5. akuma

akuma Member

hmmm... Yao's new name is Poppy?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

McGrady has had enough time off...time to suck it up and play.

DD

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Same for Sura?

8. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Maybe he'll read this and decide to play too soon and risk serious injury. Great idea.

9. arjun

arjun Member

we dont live and die by sura

10. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Well, if Tmac comes back too early we WILL die

11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

We definitely die if he comes back too soon resulting in a more serious injury.

Draft lottery.

12. DaDakota

If Tmac can work out hard, and shoot in practice he can at least TRY to play in the games.

I understand the Rockets are trying to make SURE he is right, but at some point you have to say...**** it and play the guy.

If he breaks...he breaks.....a couple of extra days off is not going to matter one way or another....

DD

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Then I think we are already dead because Tracy's back will flare up again & again. He will never be the consistent player we need. Call me negative, but whenever he comes back I'll be waiting on his back to go out again later in the season.

14. Mr. Clutch

Still he's had enough time and suck it up.

15. rox4ever

rox4ever Member

I'm very disappointed in how it turning out with T-MAC and the Rox. It just appears he doesn't really have the desire for basketball anymore for whatever reasons. I know he has back issues, but at least give it a try. I'm sorry, but he's letting the team down.

16. DaDakota

I agree with this 100%....but I do think the Rockets management is coddling him and being extra careful.

Which, IMHO, won't make a hill of beans difference....he will either be ok or not...and one or two more days won't matter.

Tmac should be playing now....if he can practice, he can play.

DD

17. Mr. Clutch

No. We need him more for the playoffs. Putting him out there when he hasn't fully recovered is risky and dumb.

18. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

he should be back vs. San Antonio, if not I will be pissed

19. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

It's very common, in fact 'normal', with back injuries to have some 'good days' and some 'bad days'...it's pretty much always going to be a tossup with McGrady.

That's partially why I said that once it strikes, it will definitely strike again (not necessarily the back spasms, but he will always have days where his back is bothering him, although he might be able to play through it, just don't expect him to play 'great' on those nights).

I will be pleasantly surprised if his back holds up a few weeks in a row once he's deemed healthy enough to rejoin the team...I would say the over/under is five games.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

We won't make the playoffs without him... Yao and this bunch of misfits (literally... they all don't "fit" without T-mac) will have plenty more games like we've seen on this road trip.

And that's assuming Yao holds up with all this extra burden he's taking... honestly, I'm more weary that he will suffer some sort of fatigue-induced injury (whether it be a stress fracture in his foot, or a back/knee strain).

Battier is useless without T-mac... Rafer is useless without T-mac. If we had to build this team only around Yao, we'd surround him with nothing but Luther Head-type players (fast/athletic guards who can hit open shots).