1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady went to Alexander's office and cried because "everybody dislikes me"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 16, 2009.

1. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

CFs will clamor to sign him because we doubt that the rockets can find a better option.

lebron isn't coming here.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

leebigez is a certified NBA expert and he pow wows with NBATV people and former Rockets like Kenny Smith.

he's legit and too legit to quit.

3. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

leeb is one of the most legit CFs around.. i think what he says is true.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

If it had been true, he would have already been traded. At least in my opinion. Just look what happend with Artest.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Except China broke the Howard season ending heart injury story first. That is all it takes to keep me perpetually open minded. I just wish we could sift through the Chinese Vecsey's more accurately.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

How does any Rockets player do this and keep his sanity at the same time? I mean, based on GARM every win seems like a championship, and every loss is like the apocalypse. If I were a basketball player, I'd keep myself away from the boards like the plague.

7. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Gawd. I can't even imagine what that'd be like, reading thread after thread of "TRADE MCLADY" or "ship out Brokeback Tmac lol". That'd be like a stomach punch to the self-esteem, to put it mildly.

As for the article referenced by the OP... it sounds a lot like some other article about Yao Ming that was posted, full of melodramatic imagery and Yao screaming something like "I will not be defeated" while driving on a dark and stormy night. In short, more fable than fact.

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

The better option may be to start the rebuild sooner than later.

I'm talking about going the OKC/Blazers route. It's painful but it's part of the cycle and necessary much more often that not.

Morey made a comment during Summer League about how we are never quite high enough on the draft boards to get top tier players.

Well, unless you think McGrady makes us a contender, the more likely situation, assuming he returns close to his norm, is that he makes us just good enough to be average and we once again reduce our chances at drafting the next franchise player.

There are absolutely no guarantees in the draft but I would absolutely prefer to be a 20-win team with a top pick than go through more years of building around aging and fragile cornerstones.

I truly hope the Rockets either decide to, or are forced to, not renew either Yao or McGrady's contracts when they are up (or trade them for younger pieces) and we go into full rebuild mode. To resign either of them or both for significant dollars, I think would be delaying the inevitable and pushing the next window of opportunity further out. I do not believe either of them are good enough or sturdy enough to build around at this point. That ship has sailed.

I respect other opinions but this is mine.

9. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

This is so sad but true. The Rockets are delaying the rebuild process for what? Another first round exit?

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

YO TMAC IF U READIN THIS THEN I GOTS A MESSAGE 4 U:

STOP CRYIN FOOL!!

AND ALSO ..... STOP BALLSTOPPIN!!!!!

11. Raven

Raven Member

That's bogus logic. The fact that we can't get L.J. is not reason enough to re-sign Tracy. Better to rebuild than to over pay brittle underachievers.

12. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

I can't confirm the crying story but the rest of the article is true. There was a rift between the team and tracy.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

sad but true. I guess the motto 'Give him a second chance!' works.

14. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

such a crybaby!

15. Raven

Raven Member

He killed any trade discussions by announcing his surgery.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Maybe, but there still were few teams which were interested in his expiring contract.

17. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Last season, Rockets people (players, staff, fans) hated Tmac because he destroyed their dream. When the rockets signed Artest last summer, they were supposed to be a contender. But, Tmac's injury destroyed it.

Hopefully, this season Tmac can be healthy and productive.

18. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Everybody cries sometimes. And if he was crying about this, then he mustve felt like he dissapointed everyone. At least he cares.

I wrote him off last season, but any player who is still a rocket I'll give a second chance to.

19. gotsis

gotsis Member

bingo

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don't think Tracy has earned some of that?

I mean, seriously. He is a drama queen, and EVERYTHING he says must be taken with a grain of salt. For someone that has thrown his teammates under the bus, and has claimed numerous times to have found a "miracle cure", for whatever current injury he has, he should NEVER, get the same respect that you would give a Luis Scola or a Shane Battier.

We have had quite a few Rockets insiders confirm negative stories about Tracy. They are not random...And they are not all made up.