1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Vows To Turn Season Around

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacjordan123, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They only heckle you if you really start to suck or do something like let a ball roll between your legs. As long as you're the star, you won't get heckled.

"Manny is just being Manny". That's what they say. Think TO got heckled? I bet you not.

But you're right, this is just one message board...that happens to have Rockets fans from across the country and across the world...over 20K...a pretty good sample.

And I'll say this...I don't ever remember people heckling stars when I lived in Houston...so I will revise what I said.

It's not Houston fans, it's fans on this BBS. What's wrong with you people? geez, can't we get off t-mac for a few weeks and just see what happens? It's like people feel like he ruined their whole month and is the bane of their existence. He's sucked it up the last month - but it's one freakin month!

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

criticize away...be my guest...i'm just sick of the vitrol. It's depressing as a fan to have to read so much of it - after a while, enough already! You follow?

I mean, don't we have something better to do that rip on t-mac all day long? He's not even playing right now. What's this obsession with having to just dog the guy.

Big difference between criticizing and just hating on the guy. I mean, can't we just have one thread for everyone to get it out of their system?

3. moneymake

moneymake Member

When I first came to this site I knew it they where bunch of holes here.

4. tested911

tested911 Member

uh huh.. I'll believe it when I see it Tracy "all I want to shoot is J's" McLady.

This man has had every opportunity to get in shape.. You have a full size indoor court connected to your house.. You have workout equipment on the 2nd floor of that gym, you have access to several trainers. And your still not in game shape? WTF give me break

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

yeah well, technically i am probably one of the holes.

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

it's vitriol.. yankee..

7. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Alright, I just have to interject here. I'm from TX, lived in Philly, Boston and now near NY. Philly fans will turn on your ass in a hot second (unless your name is Allen Iverson). Remember what happened to Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams after he gave up the home run to Joe Carter? He had death threats like crazy--he ended up having serious mental issues and dropped to some independent minor league.

Or lets take NY. You might remember they used to chant "Darryl, Darryl" at Mets games and not in a nice way? The dude was like 20yrs old and it messed him up and he ended up w/ a coke habit. Or a more contemporary reference: A-rod. The dude gets ragged on non-stop (and for good reason for choking). And they've got tabloids there (NY Post and Daily News) which would make Fran look like a t-mac homer.

In Beantown, they put up w/ Manny cuz he brought them world series wins. Manny being Manny was just their way of rationalizing a lazy defensive player who was just a ridiculously clutch when he came to bat. Their fans are racist as hell tho, I'll say that much. Glad I got the hell out of there.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

did i ever claim i won a spelling bee?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Strawberry was loved in nyc. Are you kidding me?

A-rod is adored, every girl wants him here...that's why the tabloids follow him. People rip on him for underperforming but guess what, they still know he is awesome. He gets criticized legitimately for underperforming in the playoffs....but it's not vitriol.

Next.

10. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Uhh, no. You clearly have a short memory if you don't remember the "Darryl, Darryl" chants.

A-rod? The girls love him, yes, but that's not who counts. Ask Bob or Joe with the gut in the local bar and see how thrilled they are about this guy in the playoffs.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Are you talking about when he made that comeback after his coke habit and all? After he fell from grace?

In 1984 I was living in Houston so no, I wouldn't remember those chants.

And yes, A-rod sucks it up in the playoffs, but he's good in the regular season...and he deserves to be dogged for his playoff performances. Imagine if T-mac had sucked it up last year in the playoffs! Holy cow this board would have lit up like Beijing last August.

12. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

what's new? more talking?

He needs to share us before we trust him again.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bucket o' fail bump.

14. nyu3

nyu3 Member

Someone probably already pointed this out, one team has done this. Remember the Rockets?

15. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

16. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

You obviously don't watch the Simpsons much either.

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

At this point McLady wearing the Rockets logo is a disgrace. How can you rehab if your hanging out with Garnett in the off season? I'm not going to jump joy when he returns either. He has got a lot to prove to people before he earns any credentials of past accomplishments up to this point, like scoring titles he braught up this season in an a article. He has got along ways to go to get to that level before he can smirk off about something he achieved many years ago. He is just a shell of a player of what he used to be. It's so obvious not just this off season. McLady is lazy and has already said he does not care about scoring titles which tells me he puts in lack effort to maintain that edge to compete during the off season for the past 3 years.

18. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Not to mention he lacks a real drive and focus which is a mental problem.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The one and only.....

DD

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I really hope so, T-Mac.

But one thing I am sure about, is that Tracy knows it is time...