1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady to answer criticism with action, not words

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince123, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Time for another game of "Dissect Every Word McGrady Says"
    Were they just trying to bait McGrady to be on both sides lol or is it McGrady conflicted again on how to handle things? Or is he sounding how any other player would answer if they're in a similar circumstance
    I'm behind him. Simply stated but, yyyeaaah he would get criticized...
    "for me" can be directly linked to selfish thinking. Not sure if "lets advanced t-mac" is their theme of operation but if they indeed are wanting to see McGrady succeed, thats a great group of guys on the team.

a little quick and exact there naming off his stats, but he's exactly right about that....
    Taking reservations
    Nowhere in there did I read Battier and Scola saying we're gonna keep working hard and winning for McGrady :p

Good article. I'd be pissed off too having to deal with the criticism. I'd want to just enjoy playing the game like McGrady said. He said he won't let him define him as a person. Which indeed he shouldnt, but he would have taken all the accolades and high praise that came his way though, and probably let that define him a little...Pressure's a b**** like that. Hopefully good fortune will come his way in the playoffs so he and we Rockets fans who've been even LONGER deprived of playoff success wont have to deal with it much anymore

2. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

I think people have to stop bashing our super star. If they think it is easy to be a super star then I guess they could try to imagine themselves in it. Media pressure is one and game pressure is another. It is more stressful than any of us could imagine. I like the way T-Mac react to criticism, he just went out and carried the team to back to back win. If I had a choice between T-Mac and Kobe I would choose T-Mac because he makes the other players better.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yet more "talk" from McGrady about what he's "going" to do (this time it's shutting people up) and so on and so forth. I gotta hand it to him - he really talks a good game. Problem is, he's been talking for 10 years now and he's yet to help get his team out of the first round of the playoffs. This year should be no different because he has a built-in excuse for failure with Yao going down. Can't wait to hear the annual T-Mac end of season interview this time around. Maybe for once, he'll actually have nothing to say...

4. juju14

juju14 Member

The only playoffs tmac ever played bad in was last years.The rest of the years He did it all and his teams still lose.

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

25.3 points per game, 5.9 rebounds per game, and 6.1 assist per game he averaged last years playoffs. I wouldnt say that's bad.

Yao was the one that stunk it up so bad that Okur was saying he was one dimensional and easy to guard. Plus Boozer lit him up like a christmas tree offensively.

6. juju14

juju14 Member

In gm 7 tmac played great.U have to remember Yao ming was coming off an injury.Thats why okur made him look so stupid.