1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

McGrady to answer criticism with action, not words

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince123, Feb 29, 2008.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is painful to read you posts, please use "You" and "Your" instead of "u" and "ur". This is not a text message and Clutchfans deserves better....

I have only pointed out Tracy's inconsistent effort throughout his career, which is true......

Maybe you did not notice but Miami's strategy on defense was to clog the paint and shade to Kobe. Sasha was open by design, along with the other Laker role players.....

2. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I would be dissappointed if reading a Rockets forum is what lit a fire in his ass.....

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think clutchfans prefer people who post with knowledge. clog the paint??? they replayed the crossover that vujacic did on wade several times and ur saying that was by design?? that was straight up man defense at its best. and

i agree with u that tracy is inconsistent in his effort in the reg. season throughout his career.

but then u go and say wade puts his all into this season??? :rolleyes:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m3iCK0gxAAE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m3iCK0gxAAE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

check play #4. u call that effort after getting the ball stolen by kobe by wade? :rolleyes:

be fair in your assessment and you're good to go.

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Are you kidding?
    He did not want to pick up his 5th foul, Come on man I expected better.

Just because D-Wade gets faked out by Sasha a few times does not mean he was playing bad defense or not putting in the effort. D-Wade is by no means a shut down defender, but he puts in the effort......
    I never said he was a great defender, but his effort level on defense is there, Tracy has the ability to be a much better defender...

#24 RudyTBag, Mar 1, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  5. t_mac1

are u serious? those may be a few plays, i was talking about the entire game. dwade right now is just playing on offense and totally relaxes on defense. there's a reason they are one of the worst defenses in the L despite having marion, ricky davis, and wade -> 3 athletic freaks.

please watch the games. i'm sure wade winning a title (when he did put out his max effort) can blind your eyes and u give him the benefit of the doubt (the same reason kobe was on all-nba defense the few yrs after shaq left based on reputation despite getting torched by allan houston, arenas, vince carter...).

i'm sure a casual fan like u (who surely watches only the rockets) would presume wade tries b/c of his past. he did play all out all the time 2 yrs ago. but not this yr. he has been a horrific (he was very respectable as a team defender with shaq), i mean literally HORRIFIC, this yr defensively. anybody and everybody can get by him with ease.

6. t_mac1

and let's be real, NOBODY plays their hardest or even give 75% of their effort when they lose like this.

tmac was just stupid to speak about it publicly.

kobe in 04-05 was the same exact way. wade is the same way this yr. ur level of effort simply drops when u know ur team has no chance. it's human nature.

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

O.K. dude, whatever you say.
    I am gonna go back to my NBA League Pass, Knicks/Magic(oh wait, I only watch the Rockets, Damn)

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Its Science!

9. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

This is simply the best interview I've seen of Tracy McGrady...

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You missed my point.

He must have read people like you when he said he didn't give a damn in shutting them up.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Well Wade let Kobe and others blow by him quite a few times...

Which brings me to my point. How do you know if Wade is sucking defensively or simply not giving 100 percent?

Another example. When Yao gets outplayed defensively by smaller guys like against Al Harrington, Timberwolves rookie guy, Okur, etc, Do you say he's not giving 100 percent? Or is he simply being outplayed?

Last game against Al Harrington Yao did good actually so was he just not giving the same effort all those other times?

I dont think Tmac gives 100 percent effort unless the game is important like how he played during the playoffs but that's how a lot of players are...

12. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

if melo wants any individual player awards, he's going to have to wait until AI is gone. melo can easily average 32ppg. but sharing is nice, too. i guess.

either way, they're not impressing anyone with 2 superstars and the eledged DPOY.

if Rockets beat the Nuggets, it will make this streak that much more valid. if they beat the pacers, it will show consistency without yao. and if they beat the mavs, it shows we are forreal.

I can't wait. hopefully we can at least go 2-1.

13. juju14

juju14 Member

What are u guys talking about??
    1.Stop being bias towards wade
    2.Wade sergery messed him up the whole season.Just go watch his gms before the sergery last year.He is slower and not has explosive now.
    3.Tmac Has played great in playoffs series.The only one he didn't play so great in was last year.Go check the rest of the years.Before ast year playoffs he was like 3rd in PPG in the playoffs.Do't give me this ****.

14. buiyahkah

buiyahkah Contributing Member

wouldn't it be AWESOME if landry posterized erica on Thursday? :D

#34 buiyahkah, Mar 1, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I agree. You look at that team on paper and it's ridiculous how they have continued to underachieve. Iverson has had success elsewhere in his career, and the finger has to be pointed somewhere. Kenyon Martin certainly is overrated, but that's not enough. It really is on Carmelo how Denver is so bad on D. After he won that NCAA championship as a freshman I think too many people were expecting him to be LeBron's foil but it just hasn't happened. He sure scores a lot of points but many bad players can score. With him it's the other things that aren't being done: rebounding, defense, and just all around making his teammates better.

16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

T-Mac has to do so much on offense, so it's pretty obvious why he coasts on defense. Look around the league and find a volume shooter who has to carry his team on offense yet plays energetic defense as well. I'm sure you won't find any.

LeBron coasts on defense, and even if he doesn't, he's sill a terrible man defender. Kobe coasted last year on defense, and got his defensive team selection on name recognition alone. Wade coasts on defense. Michael Redd coasts on defense. Paul Pierce coasted on defense last year, and only now that he has two other superstars is he able to actually expend energy on the defensive end.

Battier is able to keep his energy for defense since all he does is spot up anyway. That might change a bit now that Yao's down, but he's not going to have to expend as much energy as T-Mac on offense.

Before you pile on Tracy, look around at the players who are in his position. They ALL save their energy for the offensive end, and coast on defense. I admit that I'd like him to be super energetic everywhere, but the truth is that it isn't possible. I'll take him coasting and saving his energy for the playoffs, where he'll be counted on to carry the team on his back again.

17. t_mac1

when u haven't won, u don't get the benefit of the doubt.

wade has his benefit of the doubt b/c he won.
    kobe has with the media b/c he won (let's be real, this is the first yr he has played defense consistently in 3-4 yrs and yet he still got all-nba defense the last 3-4 yrs).
    same thing with shaq, tim duncan (who admitted he takes it easy during the reg. season)

tmac just hasn't won to get that pass.

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Pat Riley said he was thinking about shutting Wade down for the season so basically the entire Heats team quit.

Im sure most losing teams with no real chance of winning dont play 100 percent so I dont know how you could blame McGrady in Orlando. Judging by his stats over the year, I don't see how anyone can say he quitter. He took crappy teams to the playoffs and almost upsetted some pretty good teams while being the underdogs in all of them. He hasn't had any star player to play with besides Grant Hill but unfortunately he was always injured.

19. fayesun

fayesun Member

do it for Yao and for the Rox

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest, Manu Ginobili, Richard Hamilton, Josh Howard, Brandon Roy, Shawn Marion, Gerald Wallace, Caron Butler, Stephen Jackson

Magic, Jordan, Bird, Dream, Clyde, Reggie and other top 50ers. This is where Tracy should set the bar, because this is his potential.

Lebron James gets 8 rebs a game by coasting on defense?
    Kobe plays great D, and was named to the "All Defensive Team", but if that does'nt convince you than I surely can't.
    And you say Paul Pierce has 2 All-stars with him, Well Tracy has had one hell of a supporting cast (until recent Yao inj.). I would rather have the Rockets without Tracy than the Celtics without Paul....

#40 RudyTBag, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2008