1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[McGrady] Team & Agent Agree To Work On Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tomato, Dec 28, 2009.

1. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm fine with that, you just don't want a player on your current roster bad mouthing your team. If he is classless and wants to talk ****e about the Rockets after he is gone, more power to him, that will make it that much harder for him to find a team willing to put up with his b.s. when he is looking for a contract this off-season.

2. Merla08

Merla08 Member

There's a few rumors going around that a trade is in the works....

Lakers get: Tracy + Ariza

Rockets get: Kobe + Artest

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This has nothing to do with "working him into the rotation" as Adelman keeps saying. Reality is that after last season McGrady pissed off Adelman/Rockets org so much that they decided to get some revenge this year as McGrady is playing for a contract.

How hard is it to play the man more minutes, especially considering Ariza's struggles and Budinger's injury?

4. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Need height?? Need a body to clog the lanes?? Need to pick up the phone and call the cavs g.m. There are reports that they are dangling Z. Cavs do need another guy who can create their own shot. Why not. Big Z n fillers for McGrady and Taylor. I doubt McGrady gets traded to any other team without adding someone. Maybe Dorsey instead.

5. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

This is a PLUS??? Nothing there. Talk about destroying team chemistry. Sets back a Rockets rejuvenation 2-3 years.

6. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I understand that, but I have been a fan for a while. I know his contract and past injuries scare off any potential suitors.

7. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

We had to give away to much to get this quitter, I hope the same is not said to get rid of him. Please don't move Scola, Landry, Lowry, or Brooks to get rid of him. If all else fails, let him sit out the rest of the year.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Or every time he has a decent game for his new team. The nutjobs will out in full force with the "Rick screwed up" threads.

9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. I don't want to lose Brooks, Landry, Scola, really anyone who's in the current rotation. It's been great watching the team this year.

10. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

If you take a look at their roster, I doubt they would give up on the fillers it would take to make a deal happen.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

Best possible realistic trade scenario in my opinion is Tmac for a couple of 2nd round picks in the future.

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

btw- your sig ain't happenin' anywhere.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Amen. Add Budinger to that list too.

14. Afterlife

Afterlife Member

At least we can get some kind of closure now.

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Why???...We get younger, more athletic(If Scola is moved) and bigger. I think chemistry will take an initial blow but imagine this in 2010...

Ellis/Lowry
    Budinger/Taylor
    Ariza/Battier
    Landry/Randolph/Andersen
    Yao/Biedrins/Hayes

Talk about athletic!!!

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

dumb-asses....

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Please God, let Lebron James, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony and Joe Johnson find out about this and respond with "I DEMAND TO BE TRADED TO HOUSTON!"

I want options.

18. yorkyufan

yorkyufan Member

Do you really think RA & DM are as childish as TMac is?

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's without considering what other moves Morey might make in the draft and with the MLE.

20. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

I'm neutral from both sides, but I'm just glad something's finally done about it. I wanted to see what offers Rockets get early next year, but that was constigent on McGrady actually playing (which is not possible now).

Of course, this means no trade is set yet, so we still have that to deal with till an offer's been on the table.