1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[McGrady] Team & Agent Agree To Work On Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tomato, Dec 28, 2009.

1. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/31g0YE61PLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/31g0YE61PLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:grin:

2. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

the tension will soon be over...

After screaming play me right or trade me enough times at the wrong moments, guess what...

You get traded... Let's see what DM can get for him. Should be interesting

3. jae713

jae713 Member

The drama is finally over. Now I'm excited about the trade proposals that are coming. Hopefully draft picks.

4. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

SPLASH!

well, not really. i dont think they're going to be able to make a decent trade unless they showcase him more.

5. pgestradasp1

pgestradasp1 Member

Who are some realistic possibilities that we may trade for?

6. ibm

ibm Member

mcgrady still has something worth "showcase" for? that's some news for me.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

A little disappointing that Mcgrady got so impatient and couldn't play to build up his value a little more. The guy's ego just couldn't take not being "the man" despite the fact that we had a set rotation that he had to work his way into and not to mention the fact that he is coming off of freaking micro-fracture surgery.

Orlando fans would probably be laughing at us now if they had gotten anything of value from that trade. Who would've thought that neither team really benefited directly from that trade. Good luck to whoever ends up with Tracy- he's not going to handle a diminished role over the next couple of years with his declining ability.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

As long as we don't trade for Bimbo Coles and Kevin Willis... :confused:

I would do Scola/TMAC for a good young player, salary and a veteran.

9. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I guess this is where I stay logged into Clutchfans and hit F5 every 3 minutes...

10. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

It's always been about the expiring contract and not the player... If a trade is made it will be because some team wants the cap room this summer.

The league has high doubts that McGrady will return to where he was... His reputation as a player is really at a low. Regardless of what the T-Mac loyalists feel..

The contract is why someone will make the trade and it will be an ok get for the Rockets...

11. caneks

caneks Rookie

Finally after a few years of waiting.

12. worzel gummidge

At this moment? I'm guessing...

Knicks: Curry, Jeffries

Bulls: Hinrich, Salmons

Pacers: Dunleavy, Foster

Utah: AK47

Wahington: Arenas

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This was the case no matter what this year....because of the size of the contract and the fact that it was expiring.

Tracy's value this year is just an expiring contract, now let's hope someone wants it.

Golden State...cough cough...

DD

14. Aloe

Aloe Contributing Member

How dare T-Mac. Who does he think he is actually wanting to play large minutes. I mean just because he's the most talented player on the team stull to this day should mean anything.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

O thank god, Allah and whatever devine power out there that this is finally over.. cant wait for the GARM to be readable again

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

This morning Wex/Matt were mentioning GS as a very possible trade partner. They presented something like this....

TMAC/Luis or Carl/Brooks

for

Ellis/Biedrins/Randolph

Sounds good to me besides losing Carl or Luis..... :grin:

17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

The saga is finally about to be over!

So...anyway to change my username :grin:

18. number22

number22 Member

Wait you mean you didn't enjoy the non stop tmac bonanza.
    and do you really think its gonna end any time soon.?

19. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

hell no to all those trades. if you thought mcgrady was a ballhog, wait til you get arenas. Curry and jeffries? rofl. hinrich is terrible, salmons is nothing more than a bench player. dunleavy is a bust, foster is overpaid. ak47 is just as injury prone as tmac, and takes just as many plays off if he's feeling unhappy.

20. YourSecretLover

heres my shot at a tmac trade

Tmac(huge expiring)
    Aaron Brooks(young proven starter/prospect)
    Chase Budinger(solid young player/prospect)
    Brian Cook(expiring)

for

Chris Paul
    Emeka Okafor
    James Posey

We upgrade the PG position while getting an actual center. We sacrafice cap space for a couple of years but chris paul is worth it IMO. Posey provides championship experience.

New Orleans does this deal to get rid of their long term contracts to save huge amounts of money while getting two good players in return