1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Is Eating Some Huge Crow Right Now!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Manny Ramirez, May 4, 2003.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Even though it really doesn't matter since the West is going to win the finals this year (yet again), I found it hilarious that Tracy McGrady had to open his big mouth and talk about the second round of the playoffs once his Magic went up 3-1.

Only problem is that McGrady and friends had to win one more game and they couldn't do it. Instead they watched the Pistons win 3 straight and become the 7th team in NBA playoff history to come back from a 3-1 deficit.

I can understand his enthusiasm about wanting to get to the second round, but of all people, he should understand to keep your trap shut and let your playing do the talking. It is like that old saying, "Act like you have been there before."

The only problem is that McGrady has never been there before, the second round of the playoffs that is.

It always seem that stuff like this always comes back to bite people in the ass.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm quickly becoming a Pistons fan. They are rising to my second favorite team. I love the teams that don't get much respect, and just let their game do the talking.

3. x_trepidation_x

McGrady did this last year also when he was playing against Hornets. He predicted a win against the Hornets and it feel short. The truth is the Magic need another scorer. Where is Grant Hill?

4. Manny Ramirez

I did not know this. This makes what he did this time even funnier and stupider (if that is a word)!

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Jermaine O'Neal. Just watch. :)

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

if he wants to take the 4.5 million they'll have.

honestly, the magic depended a lot on the rookies to score behind mcgrady. the games that they won, gooden played outta his mind. the games they lost gooden wasn't to be found. i say they don't need a big name FA. let gooden grow and see what he can do. maybe he'll develop into a consistent player and perform like he did in the games that the magic won.

7. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Yeah, and Doc Rivers, in the press conference following Detroit's Game 6 win, said: "Detroit better play their a**es off if they want to win (game 7)."

So Rivers eats crow too.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Damn...didnt know that.

I love seeing people talk smack and not back it up. People should just shut up and play.

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How is that eating crow? He didn't predict or guarantee anything, he just basically said that his team would play hard. From what I saw, they did play hard, the Pistons played harder. Doesn't seem like eating crow to me.

10. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

Hmmmm. Didn't he say, when asked about being up 3-1 on the Pistons, "It feels nice to be in the 2nd round"?

And yes, last year he guaranteed a win over Baron Davis and the Hornets.

11. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

wish we had one of those in houston

12. Manny Ramirez

Are you talking about McGrady or Doc Rivers?

Raven, I believe, was talking about Rivers and not McGrady. And I know that what you quoted was said by McGrady...not sure if Rivers said the same thing.

13. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

T-Mac has a history of being an assclown during the postseason, which is why I have zero respect for a loser like him.

In his first playoff series against the Bucks, he kept yapping his mouth about how he is better than Big Dog. As true as it might be, the playoffs are about winning games, not 1-on-1 battles.

Having not learned his lesson, T-Mac did the same crap last year against the Hornets, when he kept telling everyone that he was better than Baron Davis. Again, that is true, but why the hell are you hyping up yourself when there are games and series to win?

And now, this crap...

T-Mac is that little kid who always touches the hot stove. This is Barkley-esque.

No player/team from the East should ever talk trash, because it just makes their 2nd rate conference look more inferior when you have .500 teams who shouldn't be in the playoffs talking smack.

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

seems to me Mcgrady and Garnett should take a course for self control and keeping their mouths shut cuz otherwise they'd only be holding eachother when they're watching the 2nd round of the playoffs at home.

15. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

Your right Manny, I thought he was talking about T-Mac.

16. dischead

dischead Member

To bas the playoff format was changed or McGrady would be in the second round.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Kinda reminds me of a guy named Barkley, HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA! Except alot more was on the line...Those were the dayzzzzzzzz!

18. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Well, things wouldn't be exactly the same. Perhaps Det would have played with more fire in Game 4...

19. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

All I have to say is that the Magic might not get out of the 1st round but atleast they make the playoffs. Yea I know they're in the East but still they make it to the playoffs. ALSO Portland and Utah been to the playoffs and have NOT won anything but atleast they still make the playoffs (hasn't it been like 20 and 21 years and still nothing! WOW! :eek:!!) I'd rather be in the playoffs and get out in the first round instead of being at home right after 4/16! Don't you think?

20. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

But the way Rivers said it made it seem as if the Pistons were lucky to win Game 6...it was an egotistical and arrogant comment which I'm sure was used as motivation for the Pistons for Game 7.