1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady: How we can get both a starting point guard and a starting shooting guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Jun 28, 2009.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Another possibility since we would have both if this trade happened! :D

We're not losing Brooks, we're not losing Landry. This trade addresses our weaknesses without giving up the youth and depth.

2. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Great trade! We get a decnet true point guard and a perfect 2 guard for our offense while only giving up Mac, who is as a big a question mark as there is.

3. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

No doubt.....I may be in the minority here but I'm still thinking that keeping both Ron and Shane are redundant. I love Shane and his "glueness" but I think that if we keep Ron we need to get a young but veteran three to replace Shane. Maybe we can open the lines up with the Blazers regarding the Shane for Outlaw swap.......instant offense off of the bench and he's not to shabby on the defensive side. He'll also make a nice compliment to Brooks and Landry as the team evolves over the years.

I just think that in order to have a successful franchise that not only competes for the title for a year or two but for several years you HAVE to home grow young players along with the vets. Being in win now mode year in and year out have set this franchise back years and thanks to Morey we're getting back to where it needs to be. I just hope he continues.......

4. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

Heinrich is not as consistent as Ab....No thanks:)

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have been saying that since BEFORE we signed Ron, that Ron and Shane are redundant...and Shane is a better TEAM player so keep him.

DD

6. legend215

Agreed....I like Outlaw and I know Shane can get him though. If we keep Shane, what would you do with Ron, let him walk or S & T, if so for who?

7. joesr

joesr Member

I actually prefer Brooks as a SG, starting or sixth man so I like this proposal

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is why I wanted Ron traded at the deadline as an expiring deal, because now the only value he has is in re-signing him or trading him to a team that actually WANTS him.

Right now, I doubt he gets much interest around the league and certainly not at the $$$$ he is looking for.....so now, you are even more limited on your options.

DD

9. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

why isnt that Dm do this either, it also works out.

traDe:

--tracy mcgrady, aaron brooks and landry for amare stoudamire and leandro barbosa.

*rockets will be happy with this trade because of the explosiveness of amar'e and a person who can create a shot, barbosa.

*suns get youth and they get a big contract that expires next season.

--then we sign and trade wafer, give them brent barry and someone we picked up this draft and/or a future pick for rubio or flynn

*minny gets the scoring guards they been looking for in a growing wafer and a shooter in veteran barry.

*morey and the rockets get the tall point guard we've been looking for

(we try to get rid of brian cook in one of these trades.)

*Re-sign artest.

so our line-up would be

Pg rubio/lowry
    Sg Barbosa/artest
    Sf battier/artest/stoudamire
    Pf Scola/Stoudamire/Dorsey
    C Yao/Hayes

and the people from our draft picks.

10. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

everyone needs to understand that we need to re-sign ron, because if no one accepts our trade offers and we dont make any moves, who else besides yao do we have till tmac comes back?

11. legend215

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.......OK......The Sun's trade was never happening but question for you.....why would you do aaaaaaaalllllllll of that shuffling only to have Amare as your 3rd SF and your backup PF.....in a contract year no less?

12. steddinotayto

Doing S&T for a player like Von Wafer is pretty much impossible. Actually, it IS impossible. No one will offer him more than the MLE and most teams can do that outright.

13. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Point Forward

14. rocket1710

rocket1710 Member

i know ppl are gonna think im crazy but what if we went after stephon marbury to back-up brooks?? he backed up rondo and said he enjoyed playing the 6th man role and playing for a championship team... he can come here and do the same... the celtics took a chance on him and it somewhat payed off.... we can get him cheap to, id rather have him then lowry... we trade lowry for a pick and bring starbury in... ppl thought ron would be a problem in houston and that wasn't the case he is mature and wants to win... i think its safe to say marbury wants to win 2.... line-ups

brooks/marbury
    artest,taylor
    battier/budinger
    scola/landry
    yao/mcdyess

t-mac returns and we got a very deep team!! :D if morey did this i would be surprised but he is a risk taker... im pretty sure were not gonna get amare, golden state has a better offer.. thoughts anyone??

15. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

you also get the point guard weve been looking for 6'4 rubio and a good shooter in barbosa. we need someone who can make their own shot, because battier and aaron cant.

16. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

it would be a good trade for the rockets. too bad the bulls wouldn't even listen to this. they already have more pricey small forwards than they need and their backcourt is gonna be thin with gordon likely leaving. plus, i think they like hinrich and thomas a lot more than people think they do.

17. steddinotayto

I tinkered with the original deal and if they were so inclined to, the Bulls could ship Salmons to Houston and all we would have to include is Brent Barry to the Bulls or a contract about the same size.

Hinrich/Brooks/Lowry
    Hamilton/Salmons
    Battier/Salmons
    Scola/Landry
    Yao/Hayes

Of course this is a bit more of reach than the original proposal but it works capwise. And I think what Salmons gives us offensively would make re-signing Artest irrelevant.

18. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

they like salmons even more than they like thomas and hinrich. ;)

deng on the other hand...

well, the rockets have no use for deng.

i think the bulls aren't exactly a good fit as a trade partner here.

we'd probably need to throw more cheap talent (brooks, lowry, landry) detroit's way to get prince + hamilton from them without other teams being involved.

it's not likely now but who knows how the situation looks like in february 2010? maybe by then the rockets know that aaron brooks is not the right starting point guard for a contending team and the pistons are officially in total rebuild mode...